awesomeblooz

In Memory of Awesome John from Istanbul, Turkey

Rate this topic

146 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Awe man this really sux!   I feel so bad for you and your family Ally.   RIP Awesome John.   AJ's posts were always so uplifting and transcendent towards the sport of angling for Striped Bass.  I knew he was a musician and made his bones over in Turkey playing the blues but wasn't really aware how truly gifted he really was.   I share an affinity for the genre and have been collecting, listening, sharing blues music for ever.  He's now up there ripping it with Duanne Allman, Stevie Ray and all those other great bluesman.   I knew he was a plug maker and very, very fond of Montuak as he wrote so often about being homesick for the bass.  I too could relate to that longing for Mr. Pajama's as I once took a job away from the East Coast for a prolonged amount of time and it was a complete soul sucking experience for me.   My condolences to you young sister and your family and friends.  Once again RIP Awesome John!  Fly

Edited by flylikabird

"There will never be another like AJ" seems to be an overused phrase however, in this case I truly believe it to be so.  So long and see you one day my brother. Tight lines forever.

The enthusiasm for life and the amount of pure GOOD in AJ were an inspiration to everyone he met and the thought of him passing leaves me with a sadness both deep and profound. The world is now a much poorer place.

Please accept my most sincere condolences and know that he was a man that made a difference.

AJ was an incredible human being and I did not even meet him. Only knew him through his posts and some PM's but what a guy he was, always positive, always gracious and always grateful. He burned brightly and left too soon. We should all endeavor to have some of John in each of us.

Condolences to you and AJ's entire family and all friends. Sad times for SOL. I did have the pleasure of meeting him and spending an afternoon listening to him entertain a bunch of surf fishermen, he was in his glory. Gonna miss the idea that the big guy might just show up at anytime, he will be missed by many. RIP AJ.

AWESOME JOHN, - Awesome was just one of the many words that described John, Kind-Hearted John, Amazing John, Happy-Go- Lucky John, Musical Talented John , Dedicated-Family John; JOHN you will truly be missed bye ALL, REST IN PARADISE, my friend, its so ironic,,, on Friday June 24th, I also turned 61, - Butch N. 

sad and shocked to hear of his passing.... seemed like he always had kindness and enthusiasm in everything he did.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him talk to him a couple of times online very sorry for your loss was a great man rest in peace John

I am so sorry for your loss. No words can convey the feeling of such loss of a loved one.

Awesome John sure had passion for his loves in life. He will be sadly missed.