awesomeblooz

In Memory of Awesome John from Istanbul, Turkey

146 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

When I was doing a review on the new star s7000 the other week.....I took a few breaks during the tear down and comparision to the Penn Z and watched a few vids of AJ shredding!!!!

That crazy bastage was one of the most intensely positive individuals i've ever encountered on here.    He and his perspective are missed!

It is great to watch AJ play...

You can see and hear the joy that creating music brings out.

The energy is exciting, drawing you in to share the joy.

This is an emotional turn on for a musician, yet AJ did not seem to be hung up on the "Me", and more about the "We".

He wanted to share that fun with everybody, and that can be incredibly infectious!

Thinking about Awesome John today and the first time I played his guitar performance DVD that I won at the Food Fling...WOW! what an entertaining guitar Master player and craftsman! I am planning on building a guitar soon, and I wish John was around to ask his expert opinions ...and they still talk about him to this day in Montauk...jumping out of a cab ready to fish!...he was Awesome! :rav:

Its nice that you can play one of his video's.  Its like he's gone ,but still here.  He's up there catching all the fish and playing away.

To the SOL family, my wonderful brothers who have written so many heartfelt sympathies for my beloved brother Awesome John....

Thank you all for honoring my brother by taking the time to write about him. He truly was an genuine as can be and full of life and enthusiasm.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to write back. This past June, I lost my fiance who was just 55 years old. Losing two of the most important men in my life has been difficult-- but I know they are home with our beautiful Creator.

I now live in Deer Park, Long Island --closer to my brother's beloved Montauk. I can't wait till fishing season starts and I can cast away all my sadness into the surf  where my brother used to fish. If I learned anything from my brother, I might catch a s/bass and release it back into the surf while sending my prayers to the brother who taught me the love of surf fishing, the joy of listening to quality music, and the joy of life.

I hope our paths cross.  If you see a blond version of Awesome John on the surf in Montauk  (Yikes, I know...we used to make fun of each other because we looked so much alike)-----please say hi, it would mean the world to me to meet the people who brought so much joy to my brother.  If you want to see his videos, listen to his music and see the page I created with comments from many of you on SOL, please go to the website our family created in memory of my brother.

www.asimcangunduz.org 

I don't know if you ever heard my brother's son play and sing...he takes after his father...here's a clip...he's number one on Spotify in Turkey...I know my brother is smiling proud. I hope you enjoy his music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jTTnIRouWI

Wishing you and your loved ones a joyous holiday season, lots of keepers in 2018, and a bundle of happiness and peace in the New Year.

Big hugs,

Ally

so sorry for your loss, I always loved looking at the picture John would post of the beautiful clear waters of where he lived

Can't believe it's been 2 years.  I hope you are well on the other side my brother. 

I’m in Montauk this week and was thinking about you after passing the Memory Motel earlier.

RIP John and watch over your loved ones.

Posted (edited)

Ally

I agree with all of the love being shown for your brother. He was cool.

I knew your brother as 'The Turk' or 'Dream'. In the mid 1990's, I spent many nights fishing on Shagwong with your brother and Kenny Kassan.

We would then eat together at Ann Breyers Cottages or in town. Kenny always picked where we ate.

There was George Wade, Vito, Manny Moreno, Mitch Sarro, Jorge Labrata and my brother Thom.

Your brother met Kenny on the beach. Kenny was amazed that your brother took a cab to Montauk and was walking around. Ken adopted him. He was welcomed into our tight lipped group on Kenny's say so.

We all shared your brothers enthusiasm for the hunt. We all wanted to catch the biggest bass.

We were relentless in the chase. 'Dream' fit right in. What he lacked in experience; he made up for with drive.

My sympathies to you and your family. I share your loss. 

Your brother is gone, George is gone, Kenny is gone and my brother is gone.

All we have left is the memories. Thank you for keeping the memories alive.

With love. Bob Jones

Edited by bob jones