Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZATsol

Lake Erie walleye past weekend.

6 posts in this topic

Trolling with worm harnesses. Common technique for walleye on Lake Erie. But normally done from bigger boats with trolling motor. I used jet diver to get it down to 30 feet in 45 feet of water. About 200 feet of line out.

Nice catch. I am going to lake champlain in a few weeks. Waleye are on my bucket list to catch. The worm rig trolled along weedlines is what i was told would work. If i dont get any bites along the weedlines i guess i should go out into deeper water huh?

Are they on structure in 30 to 40 feet of water?

That part of lake (close to OH/PA line) relatively shallow and not much structure. So, walleye moving all the time. I have few hot spots on my gps where we are checking all the time. But it’s hit or miss. On kayak you are limited for couple of miles off shore depends on the weather. We were almost 2 miles out and it was 45 FOW. Later that day, I heard on the radio that walleye moved to 58 FOW. It’s unreachable 4 miles out for kayak (at least for me). I’m not familiar with Lake Champlain, but heard a lot of good things about. Good luck with your trip!

I think lake champlain gets deep a few hundred yards off the shoreline. I will cruise around see if i get any markings on the FF and check out to deeper water. Thanks for the info.