Daiwa SS Tournament 2600

Rate this topic

joeturse

as a person who absolutely abhors spinning reels in general, I can say it's the only one i've found that I actually like...

from me, anything short of I hate it is a HUGE compliment about a spinning reel...

i've got a 2600 on a 10 foot lami...

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. But, if you teach a man to fish, he will spend all his money on fishing tackle and won't be able to afford to eat!

John,

Do you remember a snowy day in January 2000, when a cohort and I razzed you about your support for the Diawa 2600? tongue.gifwink.giftongue.gifwink.gif

Just imagine how happy you would be if you lost everything you have in life and then suddenly got it back
SOL Member #101

Got one on a 7' medium graphite w/ 10lb line use it for fishing the bay, esturies, and casting to breaking fish. Couldn't be happier; got it off E-bay for $50 sent it to a repair shop to be "touched up" for another $20.....I love it! smooth drag, casts great, and I have 270yds of 10lb which in most conditions (bay & boat) allows me to TEST my skills....and still have a ball w/o loosing too many fish....if not this reel than I am not sure of a better one of the same size.....

The problem with common sense is that it's not that common

Nice enough reel, good value for money, handles light braids well, doesn't like getting wet.

If it's going to get sloshed in the wash often, don't get it. If it ain't, and mine doesn't get dunked because I wade as little as I can, then it's a great little reel.