Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2lbtony

What camera do you use?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Seems like a lot of you like the Canon for film and the nikon for digital. I use either of two Nikons a F3 or an 8008. I don't have a digital yet, sometimes the wife will let me use her Sony digital.biggrin.gif

The problem I have is I fish mostly at night and don't want to use a flash and let everyone within a mile or two know that I've caught a fish. Plus the 8008 isn't too reliable around high humidity, and the F3 weighs a ton.

I've looked at some waterproof point and shoots but none are up to the quality level I want. Does anyone make a waterproof digital camera?

I use kodak films lately mostly negative film the porta series of films, for slides I still think kodachrome is the best. Any opinions about films and why?

Tight Lines Tony

The problem I have is I fish mostly at night and don't want to use a flash and let everyone within a mile or two know that I've caught a fish.

Tight Lines Tony

Tony, my Nikon digital has several "scene" selections, one is night landscape. With that you can shut off the flash and it will keep the shutter open a bit longer, it takes in light which you don't even see and adds a great color to night shots. It would be great for a still shot (fish on the beach) but not for others. You would also need to use some kind of brace (tripod or stand), just an option.

I use kodak films lately mostly negative film the porta series of films, for slides I still think kodachrome is the best. Any opinions about films and why?

Tight Lines Tony

I use strictly Kodak b/w film for my FM2, use the digital for color. B/w is my favorite for film smile.gif

Film-Cannon A2E with full set of lenses

P&S- Olympic Stylus Epic(great little camera)

Underwater- Minolta Weathermatic 35mm

Digital- Kodak DCS5000(?)

To answer the question about underwater digital, I don't think there is one, but Sony makes some inexpensive housings for some of their models. I think that's the next one for me.

I don't have a digital yet, I still lug my slr everywhere(a Nikon N80).

As for film, I shoot almost all slides these days, either fuji provia or velvia. The velvia can be kind of tough to work with because of it's so slow, but the colors are definitely worth it.