Punk Rock Bowling

Rate this topic

Niffty

I'd go if the bowling alley was open.

Going to see dead kennedys in a couple weeks.

I have zero expectations, so it might be a good time.

No Jello.

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

Robert Christgau, in his review (he gave it an A+) of Brian Wilson's SMiLE, wrote this: 

There are many things I don't miss about the '60s, including long hair, LSD, revolutionary rhetoric, and folkies playing drums. 

I feel that way about music festivals: where I used to get horsed for this kind of thing, now the prospect of enduring all that slop makes me wince. I don't miss it. A day at the track, with a good seat in the grandstand, close to the bar and near a betting window, is much more my speed. 

And if we're being honest -- we can be honest here, right? -- most rock acts blow chunks live. I sat through a lot of godawful live music in my formative years. I think I've seen 50 terrible concerts for every one that was good, and probably 200 awful ones for every one that was great. 

There are things about aging that suck, but maturing out of this festival nonsense is not one of them. 

Edited by Belmo

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

I'd rather see a band in a club than a stadium or on a hog farm.

Sometimes seeing an unknown band playing their asses off to 20 people is way more exciting than seeing 50,000 people singing every word to every song.

Bu then again, if one of my favorites comes around, I will brave the crowds, drink heavily and make sure I have a ride home. 

As far as going to see the DK's, I'm going as a favor to my friend. She's bringing her 16 year old daughter and wanted some company. She's driving, I'll be drinking. 

Banned in Florida

Where and when are they playing. I might check that train wreck.

Also PRB is not a camping mud fest. It starts with Mephiskapheles at wonder bar tomorrow night. :beers: Reliving my youth at that one.

Edited by Niffty

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read: