Greyfox

Finger protection with braid

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

I tried these finger protectors made by Orvis . They are intended for avoiding finger burn using a fly rod, but used on the forefinger and positioned to cover the first finger pad work very nicely. Not only do they protect your finger, they stay put, and excellent sensitivity for picking up the line on my bail less VS....like I was using a bare finger. So far I have several outings and hundreds of casts on one with only slight freying on the finger tip. I'll reverse it if it gets too bad. So far they are the best solution I have tried. Time will tell.http://www.orvis.com/p/stripping-guard/0y5e

post-69393-0-53069000-1465280812.jpeg

Other solutions might be Coban and / or Flexwrap. Similar private label items also work Might save me some dinero

Iwrote thanks for the tip. will check out the Orvis product. Some how it got dropped.

Other solutions might be Coban and / or Flexwrap. Similar private label items also work Might save me some dinero

I have a roll of Coban and it was working at first. But for some reason I can't get it to stick to itself. Did I just buy a crappy brand or something?

I've had no problem with it, or flexwrap. About 2 years ago I started using the store brand at Duane Reade.

My experience is to mke sure your hands are completely dry when handling it. Once it's on, it will perform even when it get wet, but it does not go on wet very well.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I might try white tape; the black friction tape stains my finger. I'm on my 3rd AS finger glove not from wear & tear, but somehow I always lose the damn things

Edited by staktup