TBD

Amagansett Truck Beach Trial Begins Monday

Rate this topic

414 posts in this topic

As pointed out for those new to this thread---without the use of their trucks families would have to walk close to a 1/2 mile or more in some cases ,because  there is no place to park due to the tourists and 2nd homeowners taking the existing 20 spots.  Or they would have to park along side Montauk  highway and you can imagine how much fun it would be dodging traffic for 200 yards with Grandma and the kids in tow to access this beach.

Go to another beach which has sufficient parking and if they dont have handycap spots for the enable - shame on them and that is where your efforts should be.

But I know what you will say to that (I want this beach). And I say tough **** - and follow my advice above.

Its too bad that the homeowners own the sand at that beach, but they do - and its not yours.

:argue: :argue: :argue:

This place has not changed.. Makes me miss home..

Sad thing is.. I think TBD is right. Truck Beach is about to be no more. Now total control and no access for the public, I would find that hard to do. And if they did get that, it's going to have be a BIG wall to keep me from walking, fishing or doing whatever I want (except drive a 4x4) on that stretch of sand...

Hope everyone is well. Aloha.

-TAC

​Tiana Beach Dude: Thanks for proving my point, oblivious to local tradition and the desire to change the place to suit your greed , and the word is spelled GOD.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Go to another beach which has sufficient parking and if they dont have handycap spots for the enable - shame on them and that is where your efforts should be.

But I know what you will say to that (I want this beach). And I say tough **** - and follow my advice above.

Its too bad that the homeowners own the sand at that beach, but they do - and its not yours.

I'd say that you are a very foolish and uninformed man.  And some day you'll get exactly what you deserve.  It's inevitable.  i have it on good word that things will be changing near where you are too.  Can't wait to start that thread. You really don't get it do you?   "They" only own the beach as long as we allow them to.   And once we condemn the beach---they'll be about as bothersome as a troll would be on this site.

Win or lose, those who are opposing these privatizers deserve a lot of credit.

Only a heartless blueblood would not appreciate the circumstances of this case and how it affects public access.

That you appear to be so matter of fact about the precedent that this might set,simply puts a spotlight on your true character.

Edited by JettyGuy

:argue: :argue: :argue:

This place has not changed.. Makes me miss home..

Sad thing is.. I think TBD is right. Truck Beach is about to be no more. Now total control and no access for the public, I would find that hard to do. And if they did get that, it's going to have be a BIG wall to keep me from walking, fishing or doing whatever I want (except drive a 4x4) on that stretch of sand...

Hope everyone is well. Aloha.

-TAC

Don't be so quick to surrender.   The fat lady hasn't sung and the condemnation of said beach has begun.

IF THE GLOVES DON'T FIT you must acquit.

Edited by JettyGuy

I agree, the east end in like no other which is why I plunked down a huge chunk of change to purchase multiple properties to assemble 5 acres of ocean front and a couple acres  bayfront across the street to get me my fix. But make no mistake TBD has things figured out. I always do.

Yes the East End has had a growth in the past decade or so and and since you bought and drank the cool aid the trustees were selling, you believed that they were the oh mighty G-D of the beaches. Now that the east end populations has grown and rightful owners are going into courts, you find out that they didn't have the rights they claimed they had and that the Dongan Patent definition the trustees used as the main ingredient in their potion, isn't holding up in courts. 

When this trial is over, and you find that truck beach is over and will never be again, you will be going through some "withdrawals" such as the those do who use heroin, and then you will find that the new cool aid they try to give you is missing a key ingredient and wont cure your "shakes" which is what they call "dope sick". 

Every single stretch of beachfront has associations now - and each and every one of them is prepared for possible truck beach popups and such.

I advise you and everyone everyone to start getting comfortable with the many public beaches and access roads with parking and use them as intended and have fun at the beach like most other Long Islander do.

Good Luck and Best Regards,

TBD (AKA) Tiana Beach Dude  :wave:  :wave:  :wave: 

Pomposity thy name is TBD.

The trustees were shrewd enough to use implied ownership for 130 years,even though on paper truck beach had been sold back in the 1880's.

The East Hampton patent differs from the S.H.patent in that on the beaches owned by the trustees --they do own the sand.

So of course  the court is acknowledging that Benson bought the land.  The court is still trying to establish what the sand's borders are and whether or not the sale of the sand to a developer broke the trustee's mandate. So as you well know---there has been no final judgement.

That's why the article says the trial to decide these factors began on Monday.

You will no doubt gloat,if the trustee's lose. However,mark my words---all of us are hopeful that the public might win this case-but we may lose and our major goal has always been to take the decision making process about who can use this beach and how,into our own hands and out of the hands of an out of town judge.

Once we condemn the beach and we will----this will set a precedent where we can help our friends in S.H.  preserve some old and open up some new public beaches on the east end.   

Edited by JettyGuy

​Tiana Beach Dude: Thanks for proving my point, oblivious to local tradition and the desire to change the place to suit your greed , and the word is spelled GOD.

I am a strong believer in Karma, and if/when at Cat 3 storm comes and washes your five acres into the sea I pray that no tax payer money is used to rebuild the private beach.

I agree, the east end in like no other which is why I plunked down a huge chunk of change to purchase multiple properties to assemble 5 acres of ocean front and a couple acres  bayfront across the street to get me my fix. But make no mistake TBD has things figured out. I always do.

Yes the East End has had a growth in the past decade or so and and since you bought and drank the cool aid the trustees were selling, you believed that they were the oh mighty G-D of the beaches. Now that the east end populations has grown and rightful owners are going into courts, you find out that they didn't have the rights they claimed they had and that the Dongan Patent definition the trustees used as the main ingredient in their potion, isn't holding up in courts. 

When this trial is over, and you find that truck beach is over and will never be again, you will be going through some "withdrawals" such as the those do who use heroin, and then you will find that the new cool aid they try to give you is missing a key ingredient and wont cure your "shakes" which is what they call "dope sick". 

Every single stretch of beachfront has associations now - and each and every one of them is prepared for possible truck beach popups and such.

I advise you and everyone everyone to start getting comfortable with the many public beaches and access roads with parking and use them as intended and have fun at the beach like most other Long Islander do.

Good Luck and Best Regards,

TBD (AKA) Tiana Beach Dude  :wave:  :wave:  :wave: 

A new low in pompous posts. You made some dough and bought a house, big deal. You can't buy class and Karma is a mofo.

See you at the beach.

and the word is spelled GOD.

I practice orthodox Judaism and we don't with G-D's in a place that may be erased or discarded.

The HBO Series Continues in Season 2: FIRESTORM in the Hamptons

Watch the heated debate and altercations between fishermen and local entitled folks who think the beaches should be private for the beach front home owners only!

Watch the locals take it to the sand with torches and pitchforks ...

Watch the sky turn black as Fires are burning all over the beaches day and night...

Watch the model helicopters and drones buzz above the beaches exposing rampant beastiality....

And this is only week one...  

Edited by FishinKid007

A new low in pompous posts. You made some dough and bought a house, big deal. You can't buy class and Karma is a mofo.

See you at the beach.

No, the pompous post was the one I responded to from Pak.

My family had class way before money. I'm good with Karma - Give to the needy and poor a percentage of what I take home.

Yes, see you at the beach. It be my pleasure.

I'd say that you are a very foolish and uninformed man.  And some day you'll get exactly what you deserve.  It's inevitable.  i have it on good word that things will be changing near where you are too.  Can't wait to start that thread. You really don't get it do you?   "They" only own the beach as long as we allow them to.   And once we condemn the beach---they'll be about as bothersome as a troll would be on this site.

Win or lose, those who are opposing these privatizers deserve a lot of credit.

Only a heartless blueblood would not appreciate the circumstances of this case and how it affects public access.

That you appear to be so matter of fact about the precedent that this might set,simply puts a spotlight on your true character.

Jetty - Its simple- Its a dangerous situation and it needs to be relocated to a undeveloped area and would still need traffic controllers. How could you think that any group, regardless of how worthy can navigate trucks on a beach where people lay before something goes wrong.

Some people spell G-D, MONEY.

Jetty - Its simple- Its a dangerous situation and it needs to be relocated to a undeveloped area and would still need traffic controllers. How could you think that any group, regardless of how worthy can navigate trucks on a beach where people lay before something goes wrong.

The same way i can think that driving on a highway is sometimes overcrowded--but would have to be a moron to want to ban all highways or automobiles.

Literally millions of automobile  accidents and hundreds of thousands of boating accidents occur. every year--lets ban the ocean and lets prevent boaters from being in the water.

Lets take your childish moronic reasoning a bit further.  You do realize that the Napeague homeowners are saying they support all beach driving on every other Napeague  beach.... EXCEPT the one in their neighborhood??   That's a fact and that claim is all over their website.  So let me ask you this...how TBD can anyone like yourself support a claim that beach driving is dangerous when not one accident has ever occurred on TRUCK BEACH?    It's been used the way it is currently being used since 1935.

That would be like me saying to your Mama .."Look don't have any kids because there is a slight chance that your son may grow up to be an idiot."  No offense intended. Just an example.   You are just so full of baloney.  

Edited by JettyGuy