SteveZ

Nutz

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

I kinda new that you would come up with something different then admitting it was a fart, but to blame it on donnas knee, an me with low battery power , next thing ya know you be saying it was the truck door, ghess, any way what ever it was that got you going again,. its all good, think this is the start of the recovery to a great spring season, comeing up for  the trio  jeff dan an steve . lol I just wish youins would move to the third shift so ya wouldn't take my spot , then maybe jeff could get a sunset pic :)  :laugh:

Earl you are so fulla crap I can't help but love ya.  Kinda like soul brothers, ya know.  And Erik and CJ fit in there somewhere.  And that guy that ran off to Ohio.  Almost forgot that guy that takes all the wonderful photos.  And there's plenty more but this is as far as my memory stretches this morning...and it is pretty taut. 

Donna sez hey. 

Edited by SteveZ

Earl....several of my "older type" friends don't hear all that well anymore, myself included.....it is possible gas was passed and was not heard by the individual passing it.....with his mind occupied on other things this could easily happen.

post-2389-0-22435400-1476632578.jpg

Just reviewed this thread and came to realize all my pals are nutz.  But I love 'em anyway...in a manly sense, of course. 

Erik did give me a squidder.  Think he just wanted to see me squirm & eat my own words.  Actually I am thinking about a new reel.  Which, of course, I desperately need.  Akios 666W, huh?

This Delmarva board has been way too quiet...

Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving...lots of turkey and stuff...shoo fly pie...

Dang.  You guys are gonna get me in trouble.  I bought an HDX blank & wrapped it in orange (!) only because a pal in FL gave me an orange 6500.  So...I have a virgin heaver with a virgin reel and don't think I need another until this one is broke in thoroughly.  Besides, I really am winding down.  Gave all my 1502s away a couple years ago along with some other rods.  And now I'm getting rid of my two 1569s, which have caught a lot of fish.  So no, I'm not gonna need a new heaver.  But I might want one... 

Ahem...a few years back Erik said:  " Squidder is a fine reel. Everyone needs at least one heavy,slow retrieving,thumb burning, bulky casting reel that blows up for no reason on a regular basis. "  And so he gave me one.  With this pandemic & all life is kinda boring so I got that squidder out and cleaned it up.  Bought a conolon heaver for 45 bucks that'll mate up really well.  Actually the rod is kinda light so I'm gonna clip the tip.  It needs some TLC anyway.  So with my squidder & my new old glass rod I'll be off to the beach in a month or so. 

When the Mitchell 386 first appeared in 1969 I bought one to fish for stripers in the Sacramento River.  Found a 1974 model like new for 100 bucks so I'm really stumbling down the road to nostalgia.  Got my eye on a 13' conolon glass spinner so we'll see where this goes.  It's all fun & keeps me off the street corners. 

Won't be socializing much this year but really hope to see you guys on the beach. 

RIP, Earl...we'll never forget. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks for the replay Steve!! Memories.. I thought a few years back ( maybe more probably ) Dad and I stopped by to chat and you had an old Mitchell that you restored and showed us. Color seemed like a mint green. Still using it?

Edited by 7nBait

3 hours ago, 7nBait said:

Thanks for the replay Steve!! Memories.. I thought a few years back ( maybe more probably ) Dad and I stopped by to chat and you had an old Mitchell that you restored and showed us. Color seemed like a mint green. Still using it?

Geez, I don't remember that.  I had an old beat up 302 that I cleaned up.  It was mounted on an old brown Fenwick heaver that also got a little TLC.  I got those from ???  Can't remember the man's name!  He sold bait after Bev gave it up...died from lung cancer a few years back.  Anyway, I gave that rig to Tom...can't remember what name he used here.  Don't think he's posted in awhile.  Memories are great but seems like I'm losing a few more as the days go by...

46 mins ago, SteveZ said:

I got those from ???

Lynn Jarman!  Sometimes it takes awhile.  Lynn was a great guy...

7 hours ago, SteveZ said:

Geez, I don't remember that.  I had an old beat up 302 that I cleaned up.  It was mounted on an old brown Fenwick heaver that also got a little TLC.  I got those from ???  Can't remember the man's name!  He sold bait after Bev gave it up...died from lung cancer a few years back.  Anyway, I gave that rig to Tom...can't remember what name he used here.  Don't think he's posted in awhile.  Memories are great but seems like I'm losing a few more as the days go by...

Steve: I still have that beautiful Fenwick/302combo you gave me and it’s seen some good use although not so much recently since I have not been on AI much last few years and have not seen sand this year. I also used to shoot the **** with Lynn back in Delmarva Sports days; great guy but man could he talk up a storm if ya got him going! That was back in the days when I could sit out at Shantytown in the evenings, relax, drink a few cold ones and watch the world go by and nobody bothered nobody. Things seem juuuust a little different nowadays.

8 hours ago, SteveZ said:

Geez, I don't remember that.  I had an old beat up 302 that I cleaned up. 

That was probably it.