SteveZ

Nutz

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

never did hand line a big fish myself. I think the way its done it tie the line around your big toe, fall asleep in a chair, and wait for the bitng fish to wake you up. Try it an tell me how it goes.

When I was a kid there was an old black guy who would use 60s and 65s on stout rods and cast almost a hundred yards.

Fishing for cats on the Potomac.

We were amazed.

Was thinking of going back in history a little more than the squidder. With a lot of fish in close, I would like to learn the art of hand lining stripers. It could be interesting.......

Reminds me of my younger years, my Dad would take me and cousin out fishing during summer and we used large Cuban yo yo for the fishing line. We would secure the line with rubber bands to a boat's post while the yo yo is either under our arms of hull of the boat. It would wake us from our sleep and slow reel in Red Grouper at the end of the line. Fun times it was back then. Now my kids are hooked into using cheap 18ft tenkara rod fishing bluegills. They went from spin cast reels to no reels at all.

Dang.  Erik DID give me a Squidder!  And it looks to be in great shape.  But I dunno...it makes my favorite 6500s look like little mini reels.  One thing for sure.  I know where it came from and I'll always treasure it. 

That new HDX with the pretty orange 6500 from Jeff is a neat combo.  No drum on it, but they will come another day.  Did hook a big ol' sand tiger but he bit me off, thanks a lot. 

Most of my pals know I've been pretty ill for awhile.  Last major symptom was a pain in my chest behind a hematoma.  The hematoma is shrinking nicely but the very best part is that yesterday the pain just went away!  I now feel better than I have in a long, long time.  My trip up this time was more about seeing friends than catching drum.  Well I got to see a lot of folks I really care about and I did catch a fish.  Great trip! 

Really sorry I missed ya Steve.  Asked about you quite a bit but it seems we missed each other the few times I was out.  Glad you had a great trip and glad you caught a fish or two.  

Exactly what the doc ordered

Totally agree. Just being here doing your thing proves you've still got it.

Kudos to Donna and glad she got one.

Great seeing you Steve.

Good to see you. My guess is the exercise stretched all the healing scars and stuff out like a tight muscle and maybe Andy was right on with the Big Drum fight. Also with my Gall bladder removal I had a ghost pain in the side for a long long time. I think the severed nerve endings from the surgery just take a long time to heal.

Glad to hear the pain has gone Steve! Maybe a little salt air, good friends, and a big ol red was just what the doctor ordered.

^this....big old red drum therapy...

Edited by Possum

CJ we missed ya out there , we didn't have anybody to take allens S spot, so he could complain, kinda missed that , forgot to thank minh for the king fish ( THANKS) can ya hear me now. steve glad ya got one or 2 or more, nice weather , salt air, big old red , an good friends, an of course  a healthy fart helps,(didn't think I knew huh )heard it when ya was getting out the truck to beach talk with erik an I :rules:  :moon:  :o

an of course  a healthy fart helps

You need new batts in yer hearing aids.  That was not a fart.  That was Donna's mechanical knee...she's past due for a lube job.