Nutz

Rate this topic

SteveZ

Squidder is a fine reel. Everyone needs at least one heavy,slow retrieving,thumb burning, bulky casting reel that blows up for no reason on a regular basis.
.Go for it. :scuba: .
If you can hold out till Sept, you can have one of mine...

Unknown

When I was younger that's all my grandfather used in the Keys, from the boat and then from land when targeting sharks at night or tarpon from the bridges.

Don't think I ever saw him blow one up. Pretty much all they had back in the day no?

Love the Squidders!  I don't use them very much any more, but love 'em.  Kutch caught a large this year on an old fiberglass one piece rod and a 140.  Looked like he had a blast doing it too!!! :)

You already know this Steve, but mind the spool gap.  Hafta run larger diameter line or risk a loop sneaking between the spool and frame... Ouch...

Can't wait to see it and hear a story or three!

An 8 oz sinker and a bunker head will only fly so far...

I have one you can have too. It just sits on a self.

Why you wanna make things harder on yourself? Buy an Akios 666W. You CANT blow it up. You'll love it.

Sorry I missed you this spring bud. Looked for ya and asked about ya, but never saw ya.

I actually use a 704 on the beach and one of my plugging rods has a bailless 704 :squid:

The black drum I caught Saturday was actually on the 704 :laugh:

Have a bunch of mitchell too

Edited by DerrickT

Naw, don't guess I'll mess with it.  I can hear all the snickers.  Actually I wrapped the HDX in orange to go with my new orange 6500 CT given to me by my pal Jeff.  Nice reel...nicer guy.  This is a neato rig...gonna get a red on it this coming fall. 

I had a 302 which I restored somewhat...put it on an old 12' Fenwick that was rewrapped only where it had to be.  Think I caught a skate on it before I gave it away.  I think I gave Dan enuff 1502s and others that he'd never have to mess with a coffee grinder.  But...he surely does line them grinders up and down the beach.  Guy catches a mess of fish...mebbe he'll give me a lesson.

Nope old pal, never made it to the north side. Missed seeing you, CJ, Earl, Eric and the rest of you fellas.

Hey Phil.....you'll never get an Earl BS award fishin down there!

Steve.....I guess it never gets dull, fishin next to Dan.

Was thinking of going back in history a little more than the squidder. With a lot of fish in close, I would like to learn the art of hand lining stripers. It could be interesting.......  

ASSUME NOTHING