Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valentine

what do you do with your old tackle ?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I keep all my old tackle. Even if I don't use it anymore, I like to keep it because of the memories associated with it. After 30 years of fishing I have a garage full of old rods and reels and other tackle. Some I've bought, some I've inherited, some of it was given to me as a gift.Virtually all of it is in good, useable condition. Although I still get excited about a new rod or reel I'm wondering if there comes a point in a fisherman's life when he feels that he doesn't really need any more stuff.What do the rest of you do with your old stuff? When is what you already have enough?Looking forward to your comments.

Valentine

I'm wondering if there comes a point in a fisherman's life when he feels that he doesn't really need any more stuff.What do the rest of you do with your old stuff? When is what you already have enough?Looking forward to your comments.

No new stuff?! I keep everything but there is the storage issuesmile.gif

duh duh.....duh duh duh duh duh duh......

Actually ....This came in today with a Jay Harvey bamboo fly rod.

mvc-455s.jpg

Do you know what reel this is?It's Pfretty easy.

[This message has been edited by 10x10 (edited 08-11-2001).]

Pflueger Akron....maybe an 1894. Never seen one with white handles though.

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside, NJ

Darn you guys are fast....Michael P beat me to it and 10x10 made babies! Box gave it away now, Ken.smile.gif

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside, NJ

[This message has been edited by DaveC (edited 08-11-2001).]

Old tackle of good value goes up on ebay.

Other stuff I pass along through my local pro shop. There is always someone who would like to fish but can't afford the gear. I don't know who the recepients are and they don't get my name either.

I buy and sell old tackle to get the things I want to collect.The stuff I don't have any interest in I sell.I pick up quite a bit of

stuff of no value except to fish with or maybe strip for parts.I usually give it away

to the local kids that like to fish.If any of you guys want some various fiberglass saltwater rods your welcome to them.I got a bunch laying around some of which could be rewrapped and fished with or whatever.Mostly boat rods for bay or head boat fishing.Couple of surf rods too.

If you got any that are in usable condition im willing to tkem off ur hands. Im stilla kid, 27, but still a kidfrown.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

Money,Power,Fishing......what you need in life.