More bucktails!

There's a lot of different bucktails for a lot of different fishing techniques.  Here's two more that are very popular and effective.

You can call these Smilin' Bills or Hot Lips or Rip Splitters but no matter what they are great fish catchers.  As usual they are tied with generous amounts of deer hair for a slower drop and great action in the water.  Trailers like pork rind, Otter Tails or soft plastic add to the effect.  Available in sizes up to 5 oz. and five standard colors but that's not the limit.  Special requests are accepted and the only limit is your imagination and my ability to make it.

Here's pictures and pricing.

1/2 oz = 3.75 ea

3/4 oz = 4.00 ea

1 oz = 4.25 ea

1 1/2 oz = 4.50 ea

2 oz = 5.00 ea

2 1/2 oz = 5.50 ea

3 oz = 6.00 ea

4 oz = 6.75 ea

5 oz = 7.50 ea

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3145.JPG

The Spro/ultra minnow style bucktail is easily one of the three most commonly used.  They'll catch almost anything that swims and chases it's prey.  Fluke, blues, stripers, weakfish......it's a long list.  Sizes run from 1/2 oz to 4 oz.  The colors shown are not anywhere near the limit that can be done.  Only your imagination is.  They are basically a boat jig, but they also get a lot of use on the beach and other shallower water areas.  Deer hair dressing and extra glued 3D eyes creates a great appearance in the water.  As with most other jigs added trailers are recommended.  These make a great end lure to present a teaser 12 to 18" up from the jig when fluking.  Picture and pricing.

1/2 oz = 3.25 ea

3/4 oz = 3.25 ea

1 oz = 4.00 ea

1 1/2 oz = 4.50 ea

2 oz = 5.00 ea

2 1/2 oz = 5.28 ea

3 oz = 5.75 ea

4 oz = 6.25 ea

ultra minnow jigs, bare & tied.JPG

Some general notes.

All hooks are Mustad 2x strong, forged and tin plated for saltwater use.

Paint is heat cured powder for the primary coat and accent colors are sprayed vinyl.  

On accented color schemes epoxy or clear powder coats overall for durability.

Dressed with deer hair, the wraps are epoxy coated for longevity.

On the ultra minnows the 3D eyes are extra glued on.

Shipping is extra.

That's it for this post.  Thanks for looking and good luck fishing.

dan

post-23116-0-31407000-1463963010.jpg

post-23116-0-60373500-1463963047.jpg

post-23116-0-37976200-1463964345.jpg

-

Would you like to give me some suggestion that which one is better for fishing at fast current

None of those shown above would be my first choice for a fast current.  Before I can give you a better answer I need to ask another question.  How are you fishing?  Is it from a boat or shore, inlet or jetty or something else?

-

None of those shown above would be my first choice for a fast current.  Before I can give you a better answer I need to ask another question.  How are you fishing?  Is it from a boat or shore, inlet or jetty or something else?

Thanks Dan.

I am fishing in shore. Cape Cod Canal. Thank you!

OK.  That helps a lot.  I'm going to suggest my "teardrop" style.  It closely resembles a "Kuzia" jig which has a long and successful record of catching in the canal.  You'll most likely be needing 3 sizes, 1 1/2 oz, 2 1/2 oz and 4 oz.  Here's a picture with available colors.  Most likely you'll want white and wine red.  Don't forget to add soft plastic tails, pork rind or Otter Tails.  

post-23116-0-48742900-1464563822.jpg

Hope this helps.  

-

OK.  That helps a lot.  I'm going to suggest my "teardrop" style.  It closely resembles a "Kuzia" jig which has a long and successful record of catching in the canal.  You'll most likely be needing 3 sizes, 1 1/2 oz, 2 1/2 oz and 4 oz.  Here's a picture with available colors.  Most likely you'll want white and wine red.  Don't forget to add soft plastic tails, pork rind or Otter Tails.  

attachicon.gifIMG_3089.jpg

Hope this helps.  

It helps me a lot. I used to fishing at cape cod canal. The current is fast. 1 1/2 oz doesn't work in this situation. I prefer the 4oz. Oh, btw, do we have 3oz? or 3 1/2oz? 3 1/2oz will be the perfect one for me.

attachicon.gifIMG_3089.jpg

Hope this helps.  

Also, would you mind to tell me the price for this kind of jig?

2 1/2 and 4 oz are the only large sizes in this head shape.  Bullet heads are available in 2, 3, and 4 oz sizes and the same colors.  Here's a picture.

post-23116-0-10332500-1464571288.jpg

Prices for the teardrops:

2 1/2 oz = 5.25 ea

4 oz = 6.25 ea

Prices for bullet head bucktails:

2 oz = 5.00 ea

3 oz = 6.00 ea

4 oz = 6.75 ea

shipping is extra.

-

• 2 weeks later...

Bullet (forward balance)

White on white with a little flash

1.5 oz 

2 oz 

Wine Red

1.5 oz

2 oz

Smilling Bill style

White on white with flash

3/4 oz

1 oz 

Wine red

3/4 oz

1 oz

Spro Style

Wine red over pink (for both head and hair)- light on the amount of hair (sparse)

4 oz

3oz

If shipping is $6 I calculated the total at $53.50

Thanks!

Bullet (forward balance)

White on white with a little flash

1.5 oz 

2 oz 

Wine Red

1.5 oz

2 oz

Smilling Bill style

White on white with flash

3/4 oz

1 oz 

Wine red

3/4 oz

1 oz

Spro Style

Wine red over pink (for both head and hair)- light on the amount of hair (sparse)

4 oz

3oz

If shipping is $6 I calculated the total at $53.50

Priority Mail flat rate went $1.00 up several months ago.   Total is $54.50

My Paypal address is   tinmantackle@msn.com

-