The Riddler

Opening Day Sea Bass 5/21

63 posts in this topic

Kayaks on truck...ready to roll onto Buzzards Bay....I need another Black Sea Bass Beard.

post-12713-0-37003200-1463791183.jpg

Kayaks on truck...ready to roll onto Buzzards Bay....I need another Black Sea Bass Beard.

Damn...how far out are they? I would totally drive up for BSB!

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's world class. Opening day was no disappointment. The three of us could have had our limit in less than hour. Anything under 19" went back . 20" and up could be targeted and that made a day of each of us getting our limit fishing from 6am -11am. Some big scup got into the action and even some legal fluke that found the gulp on a bucktail. I'll be back in a few weeks after the new moon June run for Striped Bass.

Nice beards today...

post-12713-0-85934100-1463857958.jpeg

Edited by The Riddler

Posted (edited) · Report post

Got to try the 40 gram Almighty Jig from Jigging world. Fished this naked with no gulp and it worked great. Paid 7 bucks. Worked great but got torn up quick! Still a nice jig from our brothers in the orient but tough to substitute a tough bucktail with gulp to entice the a Doormat.' Opening day fluke season is tomorrow in Mass.

post-12713-0-29107900-1463858722.jpeg

Edited by The Riddler

It's world class. Opening day was no disappointment. The three of us could have had our limit in less than hour. Anything under 19" went back . 20" and up could be targeted and that made a day of each of us getting our limit fishing from 6am -11am. Some big scup got into the action and even some legal fluke that found the gulp on a bucktail. I'll be back in a few weeks after the new moon June run for Striped Bass.

Nice beards today...

Great day out there. I was going to come over and introduce myself, but you were having a conversation and I didn't want to interrupt. 

Got to try the 40 gram Almighty Jig from Jigging world. Fished this naked with no gulp and it worked great. Paid 7 bucks. Worked great but got torn up quick! Still a nice jig from our brothers in the orient but tough to substitute a tough bucktail with gulp to entice the a Doormat.' Opening day fluke season is tomorrow in Mass.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

OOOh, great meat and fishing. Good job.

Great day out there. I was going to come over and introduce myself, but you were having a conversation and I didn't want to interrupt.

You should have come over dude. We're you with the Chelmsford guys? Those guys rocked Kicking ass with that awesome Early morning sea bass bite.