Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottO

Could Accurate take over VS?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Just a thought. I've used Accurate equipment and it is super. Do you think they could/would take over? Seems to be in their kind of league of equipment. S

IMHO, if Accurate made a spinning reel, it would be an Accurate reel. I can't imagine them betting their reputation on a banged up brand/design like Van Staal.

I wonder what Van Staal is actually worth confused.gif

I own an accurate lever drag (boss magnum series) reel. The thing is incredible. small reel, loaded with braid mounted on an incredibly lightweight GUSA rod makes for some awesome light (light in weight not strength) tuna gear.

Like Gadwall said though, I think Accurate would be much better off making their own spinning reel instead of taking over VS.

By the way, their reels are made to be dunked (hooked onto a second rod and reel and tossed overboard if they run low on line) although I'd be weary of dunking them in sandy water near shore. And you won't catch me tossing mine overboard. I think I'd cut the line first. They're not cheap. smile.gif

I wouldn't get a grain of sand near an Accurate. Great reels, but not for the beach. FYI, Accurate has discontinued all of their conversion kits--I hope everything is okay with them...