Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinFEEver

Teaser Rigging

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

When I rig teasers, I have traditionally tied a dropper loop and then attached line to the loop to which I would then attach the teaser. This eliminated tangling somewhat and was infinitely better than just attacking an additional line to the swivel.

I was wondering how effective tying a dropper loop, and then snipping the loop close to the knot to create a single filament, would be. Would this significantly weaken the leader's strength? I tried to test this out in my basement, but th experiment was inconclusive.

If you guys don't do it any of the aforementioned ways, then how do you rig your teasers?

Thanks for any and all input,

Jim

FF, I use the same method but I have my teaser rigs pre-tied in 10" lengths, attach it to your dropper loop and your in business, take it off, and your teaserless, forget clipping the dropper loop, if its weak from that knot, its not in the loop part anyway, just leave the loop there and ignore it.

------------------

Don't tell me when I'm going to die, tell me where and I won't go there.

I don't like the idea of snipping the dropper and tying to it either. Try to tie a smaller dropper if you are thinking that it is too bulky or something.

I usually use a small dropper loop that I can loop to loop a teaser into. Or just add the teaser on a secon piece right off the swivel, 30# flouro will not tangle as much as a lighter line will.

The beuty of the dropper loop is that you can change teasers quickly, and not end up using a whole spool of flouro every trip out. The heavier the leaders, the less tangling ya get.