Free Parking

Rate this topic

42,258 posts in this topic

43 mins ago, jkrock said:

party.jpg

Love this one

What a perfect campaign poster

So perfect it might be over the head of your basic millenial

Then again, it might actually make good sense to a millenial...

"A job??? no way.... this rioting is way fun "

3 mins ago, Rickman said:

Shouldn't it benefit the most qualified students?? 

Seems they are putting diversity over discrimination.  I'm not a fan of the ACLU, but I didn't think they would ever blatantly advocate for discrimination by ethnicity.  i was wrong

8 mins ago, jkrock said:

Seems they are putting diversity over discrimination.  I'm not a fan of the ACLU, but I didn't think they would ever blatantly advocate for discrimination by ethnicity.  i was wrong

This is not your grandpa's ACLU. After all, they were fine with Kav being guilty and having to prove his innocence.

Edited by Rickman

4 mins ago, Rickman said:

Shouldn't it benefit the most qualified students?? 

That's who it will benefit the most, I bet white students make up the majority of applications to Harvard. They have a quota system in place to diversify the student body, to try and stop the hurt feelings. Take the top applicants no race or gender on the application just give them a number which they will go by, stop trying to make things even, equal or fair. Life isn't so get over it ! 

Harvard doesn't want too many Asians over running the campus.  This whole thing is not  about white people. That's a ruse the ACLU put out to defend their support of discrimination.   It's that they think too many Asians hurts their school. (same reasons they were more than happy to go along with Liz warren being Cherokee.  )

The school rated asians lower on "personality traits" to keep them out.  It's classic racism.

Harvard consistently rated Asian-American applicants lower than others on traits like “positive personality,” likability, courage, kindness and being “widely respected,” according to an analysis of more than 160,000 student records filed Friday by a group representing Asian-American students in a lawsuit against the university.

Asian-Americans scored higher than applicants of any other racial or ethnic group on admissions measures like test scores, grades and extracurricular activities, according to the analysis commissioned by a group that opposes all race-based admissions criteria. But the students’ personal ratings significantly dragged down their chances of being admitted, the analysis found.

Edited by jkrock