The demise of Van Staal

Rate this topic

bassman

Today's Mitchell 308 is not an example of evolution (continuous improvements over the years). It is a familiar name slapped on a totally different reel. If I called myself TimS, would I be TimS? Yes, in the same way as the 308's.

I have several VS300's, from the 1st month of production (hex sideplate), from the first year of production, and the last of the old style which has been converted to a new style shaft.

They are pretty much the same reel, with the exception of the shaft, and drags. The spools are also slightly modified to take advantage of the rounded shaft. In this case, the evolution is obvious.

Your boy is going to be a big flop in Washington, and I can't wait till it happens.-Rocky Rhodes
Mccain is weak, lame and a poor choice for President-JimP

Here's my question of the day

Does a company need to refuse to service their customers in order to sell the company?

IMHO, reels present for service would represent a major liability both from a financial and operational standpoint. So, if you were selling or liquidating a company naturally you'd want to as few as possible service and warranty reels on the shelf.

I continue to wonder if somehow the service backlog and issues(multi generations of product, reels with "one off" parts, etc.) were somehow concealed or minimized during the previous sale negotiations. IMHO, proper due diligence should have uncovered what appears to be the unpluggable hole in the dyke.

Just my view from the peanut gallery

gad