CaryGreene

Metal, from Tins to Jigs to Casting Spoons- Everything You Need to Know

Rate this topic

1,016 posts in this topic

49 mins ago, Evil-Bay said:

Sea striker prism style.  Bought then from Dick's because they are having a huge sale on buy 6 get 2 free.   I bought myself 3 1oz and 3 1.5oz.  After I bought them, I replaced the split rings and hook.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Evil-Bay said:

Too hard to use from shore because they are too light to cast but if you have a yak or a small boat, you can troll them.

I was thinkin light tackle.  Backbays and flats.  Close to shore stuff. 

I like them for trout because they've got a big profile but land in the water gently.   

4 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

Welp. We shall see!  

I’ve caught trout, LM and SM bass, and pickerel on a 1/4 oz Thomas Bouyant in freshwater. I didn’t realize they came as big as 5/8 oz. I’ve also caught lots of river schoolies on 1/2 oz kastmasters. Now I know the Bouyant spoon is a little thinner, but I’m sure it can be cast just fine with light tackle. I’m gonna go find some. Might allow a little slower retrieve in areas where I currently use 1/2 oz kastmasters. 

Cary, it's OK, mate.  We're your friends and we all want what's best for you, even if you can't see it right now.  

Please, please let us help you.  I'll be more than happy to stop in (as will all of our other friends) during the hours that your in-home care givers aren't there to make sure that you're taking your meds exactly as prescribed.  

6 hours ago, wrboz said:

I’ve caught trout, LM and SM bass, and pickerel on a 1/4 oz Thomas Bouyant in freshwater. I didn’t realize they came as big as 5/8 oz. I’ve also caught lots of river schoolies on 1/2 oz kastmasters. Now I know the Bouyant spoon is a little thinner, but I’m sure it can be cast just fine with light tackle. I’m gonna go find some. Might allow a little slower retrieve in areas where I currently use 1/2 oz kastmasters. 

I remember doing this down in FL off the piers. High wind and I was ill prepared. Worked thou. 

Main line w/ egg sinker, barrel swivel-leader- Clark spoon. 

I killed it. And those things weigh like nuttin. 

clarkspoon-diamond-shape-spoon-s-chrome-1.png

5 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

Cary, it's OK, mate.  We're your friends and we all want what's best for you, even if you can't see it right now.  

Please, please let us help you.  I'll be more than happy to stop in (as will all of our other friends) during the hours that your in-home care givers aren't there to make sure that you're taking your meds exactly as prescribed.  

I swear I was sleeping. I have no idea how I wrote that! Also, I woke up on the roof sitting propped up against the chimney. No idea how I got up there. I had these weird Metals clutched in my hand & I was snuggled up with a stripper (oops one too many p's).

Yes, there's definitely a crazed comix artist in Cary, trying to break free and rampage through the city. It's a change from the Silver Surfer, anyway.