optimist

Ospreys are back !

Rate this topic

107 posts in this topic

Spell correction burp ;-).

-bd

Lol...yes...there was a large osprey at Silver Spring this morning.  Maybe he seemed large because I have been seeing so many hawks lately.

Stood up, spread his wings, and took off to the northeast over the pond.

Woohoo!  I stop for almost nothing on my bicycle commute, but that warranted a post!

Edit: she-->he, based on a little research, the male shows up first.

Edited by ljschroe

Lol...yes...there was a large osprey at Silver Spring this morning.  Maybe he seemed large because I have been seeing so many hawks lately.

Woohoo!  I stop for almost nothing on my bicycle commute, but that warranted a post!

Amazing how nature works !   Within a couple days of when they came back last year.  The nest took a beating again from windstorms, so they will have a lot of work to do to rebuild.

If everything times out similar to last year, it will only be a matter of 3 - 4  months before we will be catching fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny my local perches here in Long Island still have Vacancy signs on them. 

its so interesting how stuff happens...like some MA herring runs being full before some RI and CT even start....

Probably waiting for the stocking truck to arrive. "Them"birds known stuff".

its so interesting how stuff happens...like some MA herring runs being full before some RI and CT even start....

not a single herring in my local big ct river.  some shad though.  I'm patiently waiting for the herring to enter, i was hoping this new moon would do it but the water temps are sitting at 40......