optimist

Ospreys are back !

Rate this topic

107 posts in this topic

I think they are active all winter but I have seen 3 different fisher cats in the last week. One was HUGE, easily 3ft + from tip of nose to tip of tail

No osprey around here yet. Stopped to check the Barrington Barrington Barrington Barrington run but the tide was way down ( didn't think it through lol).

Edited by HugeDinghy

The weather up here in western mass them birds probably did a U-Turn

No crap,,, Fn cold! Spent 10 hoirs today on the Thames in it,docking a submarine Im still freezing.

I rowed in college and we had a meet against Coast Guard on the Thames...while we were out there a sub came in...damn, what a site.

That thing was monstrously huge...the wake it was pushing must have been 4 feet or more all the way across the river.  

Our boats have a gunwale about 6 or 8 inches above the water with four 10' oars sticking out each side.  Needless to say, chaos ensued for all the crews on the river when that thing came in.

No boats were swamped (we were experienced crews, thank god), but what a s*** show it was for a few minutes!

Hope the fingers are thawed and ok, G.  You're going to need them earlier than usual, this year!

I rowed in college and we had a meet against Coast Guard on the Thames...while we were out there a sub came in...damn, what a site.

That thing was monstrously huge...the wake it was pushing must have been 4 feet or more all the way across the river.  

Our boats have a gunwale about 6 or 8 inches above the water with four 10' oars sticking out each side.  Needless to say, chaos ensued for all the crews on the river when that thing came in.

No boats were swamped (we were experienced crews, thank god), but what a s*** show it was for a few minutes!

Hope the fingers are thawed and ok, G.  You're going to need them earlier than usual, this year!

I see em going in and out every day from my office. Years ago before the security boats followed em, we used to jump the wakes with our dive boat.