Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cnrangler

Best wading boots for under $125 (pairing with llbean emergers)

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I got a felt and a rubber lug pair of Cabelas Ultra-Light wading boots that were on sale for $55 each. There were some troubling reviews about durability for some of the models so check out the reviews. But I've been very happy with the durability of mine after a full season, wading and wetsuiting on jetties and in boulders and barnacles. Some scuffing and wear and tear on the laces but nothing at all structural. I've been happy with Cabelas service and return policies over the years too. 

I screwed some Grip Studs (Carbide #1800, expensive at ~$80 for 50pk) into one pr. and super traction and no lost spikes yet. The other pr I use for long walks then strap on Korker sandals (~$80-90) when I get to where I'm fishing. Theres only room for 14 studs I think but still didn't have any traction issues except on real heavy bubble weed, and not sure theres much to do about that - so that leaves me about half the pack to replace lost spikes or outfit another pr of boots.

If you're on the beach then this all isn't really necessary - and boot foot waders may get the nod if you're using waders so you don't get your boots full of sand constantly.

My buddy's got Korker boots with the boa system instead of laces and interchangeable soles but those are probably ~$180 and he loses spikes occasionally. Other than that he likes them.

I don't know about Simms but I've seen people like them.

Cabelas on sale gets my vote and I'll stick with them unless I have a reason to change, but I haven't tried many others.

There's other good threads on this topic too, so a search may get you some good info.   

Literally just got korkers in the mail today and they pair with them, not under 125$ though a little over on Amazon. The korkers buckskin. They seem to fit great with my emerergers, will test them this weekend

Another vote for the Cabela's boots. The only thing I've noticed is my soles don't hold onto studs very long, but I ordered a big bag (250) from Koldkutter and just replace as needed on the cheap.

Get the LL bean west branch boots with the studs dude. bring em back each year or when they wear out, get a new pair...They're 150... But thats the last time you spend money on wading boots. Or you could spend 120 on boots every year, which doesn't make sense to me lol 

Another vote for the Cabela's boots. The only thing I've noticed is my soles don't hold onto studs very long, but I ordered a big bag (250) from Koldkutter and just replace as needed on the cheap.

+1 Cabelas Mens Ultralight Wading Boots, felt soles with studs

They have a second more expensive version as well, but I think people have more issues with them.

Thanks everyone. Just got my waders today. Going to have to try the boot on with them to make sure which ever I decide to go with. Does anyone have a lil room in there stocking foots or are they just a lil big on me. Should I get a size smaller???