cnrangler

Lets see those FLATLANDER BAGS

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

It looks like velcro closures are used. How good are they if you were to wet suit. I have had issues in the past with velcro closures and plugs floating  around me in the sea.

Mike

Velcro is good. I'm somewhat hesitant to speak for Jamie but the build quality is incredible... safe to say these have been tested by hard core and you will not have issues.

It looks like velcro closures are used. How good are they if you were to wet suit. I have had issues in the past with velcro closures and plugs floating  around me in the sea.

Mike

"

What mfg's bag?

Aqua skinze. LOL. But they use a single strap and buckle for main flap closure and plugs floated out the sides. Bag was held onto belt by velcro straps and in a surf I just can't trust them not to undo.

Velcro can be an issue in salt water. I to need a new surf bag a small waist hung one but I have to know when its closed it will stay closed. I am not averse to spending good money on a good reliable bag. These look solid bags.

Mike

Aqua skinze. LOL. But they use a single strap and buckle for main flap closure and plugs floated out the sides. Bag was held onto belt by velcro straps and in a surf I just can't trust them not to undo.

Velcro can be an issue in salt water. I to need a new surf bag a small waist hung one but I have to know when its closed it will stay closed. I am not averse to spending good money on a good reliable bag. These look solid bags.

Mike

The better bags will have a wide strip of hd velcro. I've never had an issue with this on my bags.

The Buddy -Lok system makes a lot of sense. One thing I will say is that these bags are a bit heavier than you might expect... seems like many guys want 4-6 tube bags. If anyone thinks that I'd suggest you try one on first. It makes a lot of sense to me to get a bag slightly smaller... keep things light... and then when you need more for longer trips or day plus night trips... add one or two Add-a-Tubes on the buddy-loks .

The lower pouch adds a lot of flexibility too... you can load that up with sluggos, hogies or riggies and take it off if you don't need it. Between those two systems you can slim down or bulk up depending on the needs. It will be tougher to get slim if you have a 4, 5 or 6 tuber.

Also worth thinking about where you want bucktail loops and leader pocket.

post-30674-0-08271000-1457550041_thumb.jpg

post-30674-0-55070700-1457550768_thumb.jpg

Edited by blackdogfish

The Buddy -Lok system makes a lot of sense. One thing I will say is that these bags are a bit heavier than you might expect... seems like many guys want 4-6 tube bags. If anyone thinks that I'd suggest you try one on first. It makes a lot of sense to me to get a bag slightly smaller... keep things light... and then when you need more for longer trips or day plus night trips... add one or two Add-a-Tubes on the buddy-loks .

The lower pouch adds a lot of flexibility too... you can load that up with sluggos, hogies or riggies and take it off if you don't need it. Between those two systems you can slim down or bulk up depending on the needs. It will be tougher to get slim if you have a 4, 5 or 6 tuber.

Also worth thinking about where you want bucktail loops and leader pocket.

Seeing these bags on someone's hip puts it into perspective a bit. They look giant to be honest. Uncomfortable really..

The bag I currently fish with is junk in comparison but it is incredibly light and compact. Last thing I want is a clunker no matter how well it is built...

Three tube is as big as I'd go... two tube makes a lot of sense especially when you add another one or two on the buddy loks. Personally I hate throwing any weight around my neck. No way I'd sling my carpenters tool belt around my neck. Plant any weight firmly on my hips. Stable, lower center of gravity and it doesn't bounce around.

Can you get the bucktails/tins slots in the front part of the

Removable add on bag if you wanted to?

Yup. Talk to Jamie. He'll send you photos and talk as much as you need to be informed and comfortable with your decision.

post-30674-0-17634300-1457582911_thumb.jpg

Ok Thanks

Oly

Hi Mike

I measured - the velcro on my flatlander is 6 inches on the flap and 6 inches on the body of the bag.   heck there are times when i am almost wishing for less velcro - cant get the bag opened quick when i want to  :wee:

i don't wetsuit but i am very confident in the closure on my cube bag

best,

mike

post-56656-0-96956200-1457630209_thumb.jpg

post-56656-0-79148900-1457630212_thumb.jpg