cnrangler

Lets see those FLATLANDER BAGS

Rate this topic

182 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Mojua said:

The eel pouch is surprisingly spacious. I use it as an overflow pocket for anything that doesn’t readily fit in the tubes or on my body. Can definitely hold a bunch of soft plastics. I fish 12” sluggos sometimes, and while the pouch isn’t 12” wide, it fits a few of them no problem. I also keep my extra leader wallet in there a lot. My headlamp before it gets dark and after the sun comes up. All kinds of stuff. It’s just a big, sturdy bonus pouch. Since it’s wide open nothing gets snagged in it either, and it’s easy to access in the dark. 

Oh that's awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for too. Thank you so much for the insight.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, Jeddore said:

My back bay bag one of 2 flat landers that I know of in Canada.

20210521_103112.jpg

20210521_103048.jpg

Jed-

was this a custom Back Bay or one without the front pouch?

On 10/31/2021 at 10:13 PM, flyangler said:

this seems familiar discussion, just older....

lol....yes it does fly............just seems that now the Back Bay has been floating around in my head.......... :shrug::why:

First part of a set came today. Blitz Bag, and zippered pouch, and plier sheath. Jamie’s stuff is top notch, and worth every penny. Back Bay with front pouch will be ready in Spring.

1557A801-D539-4CB1-8525-81CB0EFDD23A.jpeg

On 11/25/2021 at 8:32 PM, typicalsurfcaster said:

Oh that's awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for too. Thank you so much for the insight.

Mine holds rubber   super glue, spare crap, and 3 plugs 

And other crap.

The side pouch holds a vanstall spare spool in a case perfectly and thats in his round tube,then shorter plugs are stuffed in.

That eel pouch holds a ton of stuff

4 megashads rigged 2 packages of bass assasin   spare rigged savage sand eels

4 hours ago, bassmaster said:

Mine holds rubber   super glue, spare crap, and 3 plugs 

And other crap.

The side pouch holds a vanstall spare spool in a case perfectly and thats in his round tube,then shorter plugs are stuffed in.

That eel pouch holds a ton of stuff

4 megashads rigged 2 packages of bass assasin   spare rigged savage sand eels

That's cool, I ended up going with the bucktail loops instead of the eel pouch. Il keep bucktails from 1.5-3 ounces 2 of each , 4 diamond jigs 2 a17s and 2 a27s and some spare jig heads. In the bag Il keep rigged soft plastics and some smaller plugs that only have 1 hook. I got the buddy lock plano box to hold spare soft plastics. I cant wait to get the bag in!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Love my flatlanders, I just got another so I can have day & night bags. Both the exact same 3 tube with removable pouch. 

BB39D68F-E383-4340-941E-964EB4F1FF4E.jpeg

Edited by Mfoley61

On 1/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, typicalsurfcaster said:

Good afternoon,

Do any of you guys have an 8 tube bag. I'm considering adding one on to my order. Just curious to see what some of the bags look like out there.

A 8 tube bag is way to big to carry around IMO. I had a Hunter 8 tube and it was like a piece of luggage. A nice 3-4 tube is perfect IMO. 

53 mins ago, Tailslap said:

A 8 tube bag is way to big to carry around IMO. I had a Hunter 8 tube and it was like a piece of luggage. A nice 3-4 tube is perfect IMO. 

It is definitely big and heavy but when some of the lures that you are carrying take up a whole tube and you want to fish for multiple tides or throughout the whole night and into the morning you wont have enough space. That is why I am considering it.

gotta say, much as i love me a cool surf bag, I have trouble justifying $3-$400 for a 3-tube bag (with a long wait period) when i could get a gear up 3-tube for half the price made with the same high quality materials shipped to my door in 3 days.  Jamie's stuff is absolutely brilliant, just speaking for myself and whats within reason for  me