cnrangler

Lets see those FLATLANDER BAGS

Rate this topic

182 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2021 at 0:21 PM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Ha.....not really.....always served me well back then and if they wore you just bought another....they were cheap.

Yeah but imagine not having to buy another bag ever again......

16 hours ago, Frankie429 said:

Belt and more accessories are on the way baby

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

I really like that color combo. Might have to get myself something similar for Christmas. 

On 6/16/2021 at 7:50 PM, yogiiiboy said:

This is EXACTLY what I have in mind.  I just bought off of the BST a two tube Flatlander with no front pouch, for reasons you just explained.  It also came with a removable single tube that uses the Buddy Lock system.  I could see that coming in handy from time to time.  Just wish it had a belt loop in the back for very light situations.  So I am looking for something like you just described to wear on the other side of my belt for bucktails/tins and soft plastic storage.  

I have a three tube with front bucktail/tin pouch Jamie made me a year ago.....but when I received it, it just looked too damn big.  So I’m going to end up selling that .....but I don’t know if I should keep the pouch as it would hold a good amount of bucktails and tins but I believe the plastics I would be carrying in that would have to be loose sluggish and plastics.  Don’t think it’s deep enough to hold a few bags, if you know what I mean.

I think I finally have a vision of how my belt should be laid out without carrying the whole garage with me......with “vision” being the key word !

this seems familiar discussion, just older....

On 6/23/2020 at 8:30 AM, Mojua said:

Can confirm! Best surf bag I've used. Pics are from the day I received it in Feb. Have been fishing it hard since mid May. Holds tons of plugs and extra stuff, drains super fast when I'm swimming, over built to the max, comfortable to wear, easy to use. ONLY small complaints so far are the leader pocket is extremely tight and a bit cumbersome to access, and the boga holder takes some getting used to. Getting the boga out of it is quick and easy. Getting it back into place in the dark takes a few awkward seconds. WELL worth the investment and the wait. 

IMG_3315.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

IMG_3318.jpeg

IMG_3319.jpeg

@Mojua 

Good afternoon, hey bro I love the bag that you got there with the plier sheath and pork rind holder.I would love to get the same exact setup but with red stitching. Can you send me the specs of that bag. So I know what to ask Jamie when I get mine built.

19 mins ago, typicalsurfcaster said:

@Mojua 

Good afternoon, hey bro I love the bag that you got there with the plier sheath and pork rind holder.I would love to get the same exact setup but with red stitching. Can you send me the specs of that bag. So I know what to ask Jamie when I get mine built.

Here are my specs. I removed pricing info cause I know his costs have increased over the past few years, so it's not relevant. 

3-Tube Black (white interior) 
Black grid stitching (std)
Black trim (std)
Stealth Grey/Black emblem (std)
Exterior main flap Velcro leader pocket ($xx)
Main bag (8) bucktail/tin loops (std) 
Belt loops and stainless steel d-rings on the back of bag (std)
Buddy-Lok attachment points on leading and trailing sides of bag (std)
Removable front pouch with belt loops, "eel style" (no bucktail loops) (std)
Wetsuit quantity stainless steel drainage grommets ($xx)
Adjustable/removable removable shoulder strap (std)
Buddy-Lok VS7” pliers sheath ($xx)
Buddy-Lok camera holder (Olympus Tough TG-6 4.5 x 2.6 x 1.26) ($xx) 
60# BogaGrip holder, Black stitching, Stealth emblem ($xx)
Belt, 36", Black stitching, Stealth emblem ($xx)

It's a great bag. Good luck!

15 hours ago, Mojua said:

Here are my specs. I removed pricing info cause I know his costs have increased over the past few years, so it's not relevant. 

Black trim (std)

Thank you so much bro!

21 hours ago, Mojua said:

Black trim (std)

I got one more question brother. Do yk if its possible to have the buddy lock system in the boga grips or do they only come with a belt loop?

12 mins ago, typicalsurfcaster said:

I got one more question brother. Do yk if its possible to have the buddy lock system in the boga grips or do they only come with a belt loop?

Good question. I don’t know the answer. I, and everyone I know, have it separate on the belt, but I don’t see any reason why it couldn’t be attached to the side of the bag. Not even sure the boga holder is necessary. I like having it, and it definitely keeps the boga from swinging around while you’re walking and swimming, but when I’m actually fishing, I normally just hook the gripper part of the boga onto a d-ring on my belt….or even to the shoulder strap attachment. 

40 mins ago, typicalsurfcaster said:

His Boga holder only has belt loops. It’s a very unique design, but it would not lend itself well to having it anywhere but on your belt in my opinion. Honestly it takes some getting used to as far as getting the Boga on and off. As above, I usually just clip it to a D ring instead of using the holder. I can deal with the holder during the day, but at night it’s too much to think about for taking it off and on (at least for a googan like me). 

For me the holder is the most comfortable way to carry it, however. 

1 hour ago, Mojua said:

Good question. I don’t know the answer. I, and everyone I know, have it separate on the belt, but I don’t see any reason why it couldn’t be attached to the side of the bag. Not even sure the boga holder is necessary. I like having it, and it definitely keeps the boga from swinging around while you’re walking and swimming, but when I’m actually fishing, I normally just hook the gripper part of the boga onto a d-ring on my belt….or even to the shoulder strap attachment. 

Got you, it is ideal to keep the boga on your belt but sometimes in the spring and early fall I don't wear a belt and I just go out on the jetty with sneakers and korkers. Being able to put the boga on my bag can make it a bit easier when it comes time to deal with those gator blues. I'm sorry to bother you again lol,with the detachable pouch "eel style" can it comfortably hold a decent amount of soft plastics and is it long enough to hold things like sluggo's and tsunami sand eels?

26 mins ago, typicalsurfcaster said:

Got you, it is ideal to keep the boga on your belt but sometimes in the spring and early fall I don't wear a belt and I just go out on the jetty with sneakers and korkers. Being able to put the boga on my bag can make it a bit easier when it comes time to deal with those gator blues. I'm sorry to bother you again lol,with the detachable pouch "eel style" can it comfortably hold a decent amount of soft plastics and is it long enough to hold things like sluggo's and tsunami sand eels?

The eel pouch is surprisingly spacious. I use it as an overflow pocket for anything that doesn’t readily fit in the tubes or on my body. Can definitely hold a bunch of soft plastics. I fish 12” sluggos sometimes, and while the pouch isn’t 12” wide, it fits a few of them no problem. I also keep my extra leader wallet in there a lot. My headlamp before it gets dark and after the sun comes up. All kinds of stuff. It’s just a big, sturdy bonus pouch. Since it’s wide open nothing gets snagged in it either, and it’s easy to access in the dark.