Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigfish95

LL Bean Waders

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

So I've been searching around and came across these waders on LL Bean. One reason I like LL Bean is because they have great customer service and lifetime warranty with their waders. These waders I saw in specific and have good reviews but I'm little concerned that they are more targeted for freshwater fishing. Has anyone used these? Are they okay for surfcasting and taking a saltwater beating? They are the Flyweight boot foot waders.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/81495?SS=B&catalog_id=TA&lvl=1&moe=INIT&num=48&subrnd=0&productId=1364054&LLB_NVP_CATEGORYIDLIST=81495&feat=qs

I prefer things a bit heavier, so I'd go with the Emergers.   You can always return them and trade down.  They'll credit you the difference.   

I've got Kennebecs... they're good but they are thin. If you were routinely scrambling on and off rocks... I don't know...

But since you are going bootfoot it looks like... you're probably on mostly sand beaches.

Yes mostly on sandy beaches (75% of the time) but def take some trips on rocks taking some waves and tough surf. I like the look and sound of those new breathable emergers boot foot with superseam tech. Guess i can always try them out and with LL Bean have the leisure of returning or exchanging,

I've got Kennebecs... they're good but they are thin. If you were routinely scrambling on and off rocks... I don't know...

But since you are going bootfoot it looks like... you're probably on mostly sand beaches.

Yeah if you're planning on jetty hopping and risk scraping down a rock, breathables will not the the way to go. I'm very careful around rocks in my Kennebecs. Hell, kneeling in the river sometimes has me worried. So far so good but they are very thin and not very tolerant of sharp edges.

Side note: are there any big annual L.L. Bean sales that I should be keeping an eye out for?

Just got the superseams on the last day of a 10% promo code saved $29. Look for next promo code. Free shipping is another plus. Boots fit perfect waders have lots of room for layers.

Just got the superseams on the last day of a 10% promo code saved $29. Look for next promo code. Free shipping is another plus. Boots fit perfect waders have lots of room for layers.

I am looking to order them but not sure of what size. I am 99% sure that I am a size 10 boot because my other waders are 10s and fit fine. As far as medium or large, I am unsure. I am 5 foot 9ish and 150lbs, 32 inch waste and about 35 inch around chest. Any suggestion on size? 

I have the flyweights and fish 100% sandy beaches. Don't think I'd trust them anywhere near the rocks. I did wear them during the big January flood when we had icebergs floating down the street and the next day cleaning out the garage. We'll see how they survived in a few weeks.

I am looking to order them but not sure of what size. I am 99% sure that I am a size 10 boot because my other waders are 10s and fit fine. As far as medium or large, I am unsure. I am 5 foot 9ish and 150lbs, 32 inch waste and about 35 inch around chest. Any suggestion on size?

I'm 10 1/2 shoe size always get size 11 boot for heavy socks. Went with large could have got away with med but the bigger size should accommodate layers of cloths better. U may prefer the med. The large run high up on the chest. Looks like I can wade almost up to my neck lol. They fit pretty good though. If not what u like they can always be exchanged. I had to get breathables for the 4 mile hikes up and down the beach in warmer weather. Sweating like a pig in heavy neoprene walking for hours sucks.

I too want to get the emergers. Looking into steering away from bootfoot. I'm a size 9 in shoes so I was going to get the medium emergers which is for shoe size 9-11. Was wondering if these stockingfoot would be too big? Or should I go with the smalls shoe size 7-9. I'm 5'5 150 pounds. And also I will need to get wading boots I heard to go up a size or size and a half than your regular shoe size to accommodate for room to fit the stockingfoot. Is this true.