Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimG

I was waiting for someone else to say it but....

Rate this topic

82 posts in this topic

How about a Stripersonline Y2K Tourney.

Honor system.

I know the idea was thrown around once on the WMI board, but I don't think it ever happened. However now that we have the fearless leadership of TimS wink.gif, I am sure it could work...and be fun.

I'll vote for that Jim, that could be a very fun and interesting proposition.

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

[This message has been edited by Dubs (edited 01-28-2000).]

Hey wait a minute, there was plenty of nothing handed out during the 1999 First WMI Honor System Tournament! I'll have Walt send me a picture of his nothing and I'll put it on the picture pages! biggrin.gif

I'd love to have a tournament here...honor system works, why not make it "interesting" and have certified scale weigh ins required and I'll put together prize packages for the winners? I could have MikeP write the legal mumbo jumbo that basically says "If something happens to you while you're fishing, it ain't my fault!" wink.gif We could go from there. What I won't do is host a "cyber" fishing tournament, Robert Williams has way too much experience, he'd sweep the whole thing! redface.gif Well, Frenchy might be able to pull second in that one.

Here's the initial problems as I see them:

Some states just have bigger fish,

Some states just have bigger fish,

and last, some states just have bigger fish.

If we can get beyond those problems, I think we could have a go at this. I know some folks in the tackle business, I could get donations of stuff for prizes and go from there.

(How much you wanna bet these things spring up on any site capable of doing so now? biggrin.gif I'll take each one that does as an immense compliment!)

Let's hear some reasons why this is a bad idea now!

TimS

Yeah, some states have bigger fish but there is no salary cap in fishing. It will just make it all that more impressive when a fish from a NJ Jetty beats all those Cape Cod and RI guys.

As long as the fish is taken on a lure(rigged eel counts) and from shore. Keep it simple.

Tim,

Are you guys stealing my idea last year from the WMI board? smile.gif

As far as some states have bigger fish, just create seperate categories for differnet states. Or get real creative(and raise a little controversy) by using some kind of state handicap mulitplier, ie, any fish caught off of Montauk get is weight multiplied by .85; off of Block Island gets its weight mulitplied by .87; off on NJ get mulitplied by 1.2, etc yes, its Friday and I want to go home!

Just make sure the category with the biggest purse/prize is the BOATER's division!

John D.

------------------

I dont know........why make it hard, they have some north south thing on WMI they made it so hard......how about prizes for the biggest bass, the most bizarre catch, etc....KISS (keep it simple Stupid)

It could be fun, I dont want to promote killing LARGE though for a bag of jigs if you follow my meaning, lets keep it fun

------------------

John M

JohnM, sure, that's easy for you to say now that you're making jigs! biggrin.gif

Think you might kill a LARGE for a bag of slab flies? wink.gif

TimS

At the risk of being considered a tree- hugger, I vote for the honor system with nothing as a prize. This way we can have fun, most of the bass can be released, and no chance of problems and or fighting. If poeple want to snap a photo before release to post all the better!

I like the idea of strangest catch.

Kurt

In addition to the year long contest, how about a one day contest along the Jersey shore where people are randomly paired into teams? This way we could all meet each other,kick back and have a good time.

I'm in...sounds like a great idea! Now, I wonder how many 55 gallon drums I can fit in my backyard???? wink.gif

While prizes are nice, I don't feel it's a necessity. Would definitely be fun... cool.gif

Gotta go...keep us posted...

Darryl