I'm Not Laughing

Rate this topic

NS Mike D

Watching the debate last night with the petulant fighting with little to no real discussion on policy on the three front runners and looking at the two on the other side,  it's hard to accept that the government has been reduced to this. 

I've always maintained that we get what we deserve.  The partisans on both sides of the aisle in this forum are never short of youtubes showing uninformed the general voting population.   

These politicians are not stupid.   They can read polls and respond accordingly.    

Last POTUS election I voted for a third party candidate, refusing to contribute to this dysfunctionally.     This time,   I can't even find a candidate I can get behind, let alone find acceptable.    

An interesting moment last night was the question about Apple and the only candidate who stated his opinion based on the qualification of the 4th amendment was Cruz.  It's telling that the gentlemen running for the highness government office in  the country would not game their answers around their understanding of the constitution.    

I'm disgusted by our government, but I don't blame them.   I blame ourselves.    

"... let it go - lets move forward."

Watching the debate last night with the petulant fighting with little to no real discussion on policy on the three front runners and looking at the two on the other side,  it's hard to accept that the government has been reduced to this. 

I've always maintained that we get what we deserve.  The partisans on both sides of the aisle in this forum are never short of youtubes showing uninformed the general voting population.   

These politicians are not stupid.   They can read polls and respond accordingly.    

Last POTUS election I voted for a third party candidate, refusing to contribute to this dysfunctionally.     This time,   I can't even find a candidate I can get behind, let alone find acceptable.    

An interesting moment last night was the question about Apple and the only candidate who stated his opinion based on the qualification of the 4th amendment was Cruz.  It's telling that the gentlemen running for the highness government office in  the country would not game their answers around their understanding of the constitution.    

I'm not laughing either, Mike.

I'm upset that hillary Clinton won't release her Transcripts from the Speeches she make to Large Banks and Stock Broker Companies.

The NY Times Editorial Board laugning about that either.   FYI

Do you think she should release the transcripts or Not?

The Opinion Pages | EDITORIAL  NY Times

Mrs. Clinton, Show Voters Those Transcripts

By THE EDITORIAL BOARDFEB. 25, 2016

Everybody does it,” is an excuse expected from a mischievous child, not a presidential candidate. But that is Hillary Clinton’s latest defense for making closed-door, richly paid speeches to big banks, which many middle-class Americans still blame for their economic pain, and then refusing to release the transcripts.

A televised town hall on Tuesday was at least the fourth candidate forum in which Mrs. Clinton was asked about those speeches. Again, she gave a terrible answer, saying that she would release transcripts “if everybody does it, and that includes the Republicans.”

In November, she implied that her paid talks for the Wall Street firms were part of helping them rebuild after the 9/11 attacks, which “was good for the economy and it was a way to rebuke the terrorists.”

In a debate with Bernie Sanders on Feb. 4, Mrs. Clinton was asked if she would release transcripts, and she said she would “look into it.” Later in February, asked in a CNN town hall forum why she accepted $675,000 for speeches to Goldman Sachs, she got annoyed, shrugged, and said, “That’s what they offered,” adding that “every secretary of state that I know has done that.”

At another town hall, on Feb. 18, a man in the audience pleaded, “Please, just release those transcripts so that we know exactly where you stand.” Mrs. Clinton had told him, “I am happy to release anything I have when everybody else does the same, because every other candidate in this race has given speeches to private groups.”

On Tuesday, Mrs. Clinton further complained, “Why is there one standard for me, and not for everybody else?”

The only different standard here is the one Mrs. Clinton set for herself, by personally earning $11 million in 2014 and the first quarter of 2015 for 51 speeches to banks and other groups and industries.

Are you happy or sad of Hillery painting herself into a corner?

Achez I agree with you to a point, some people vote who they believe will be the best person for the position. Others vote for who they believe will do the most for them and to hell with there stance on any political position. The problem we have now is that to many politicians are pandering to this ever expanding group of Me first freeloaders. Until we can fix this problem we are doomed to continue down this road of ruin. As far as I'm concerned no one in office now is willing to change things, that is why we need a person who is not part of the existing political machine. People believe Trump can make this change and are willing to give him a chance. After Obama's failed hope and change promise we can't be any worse off with Trump. I personally like Dr. Carson, who is saying pretty much the same things as Trump, but not in the same over the top manner.

(*member formerly known as 'PCSilverstriper')

I'm not laughing either, Mike.

I'm upset that hillary Clinton won't release her Transcripts from the Speeches she make to Large Banks and Stock Broker Companies.

The NY Times Editorial Board laugning about that either.   FYI

Do you think she should release the transcripts or Not?

didn't take long blame the other team.

"... let it go - lets move forward."

Someone said it on the radio this morning......apparently when Trump was in Navada a close friend of his asked him 'What do you need this for ?"

It was overheard by a news guy.. him saying........."Because I can fix it"....his friends response was "Ok".

The other Senators have had many chances to do something.....they've done Nothing and people in Fla. are voting for Mr. Trump because the guy they employed to represent them didn't even bother showing up for work to vote most of the time.

Trump can fix it......if it can be fixed....IMO.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

Someone said it on the radio this morning......apparently when Trump was in Navada a close friend of his asked him 'What do you need this for ?"

It was overheard by a news guy.. him saying........."Because I can fix it"....his friends response was "Ok".

The other Senators have had many chances to do something.....they've done Nothing and people in Fla. are voting for Mr. Trump because the guy they employed to represent them didn't even bother showing up for work to vote most of the time.

Trump can fix it......if it can be fixed....IMO.

Does Trump even understand what the problem is?

We know that America is full of innovative leaders, but they don't make their way public service. Look at the group we are left with. They are not innovators or leaders. Hell, they're barely passable lifetime pols.

So the political system, the political climate, and the life of American leadership must drive out real innovators and leaders, and the vacuum sucks in these giant bas of ****. 

-

Does Trump even understand what the problem is?

Try running a multi-conglomerate and then criticize the man.......as I said, if it can be fixed.....he'll fix it.

These other professional speakers are light weights.....do nothing politicians....they've been there, done nothing and will continue to do nothing.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

I'm not laughing, either. There's not much to laugh about. :(

A bombastic blowhard versus a consumate corrupticon. A thicker than usual spit sandwich or crap burger. Oh, joy. :scared:

"I think, that all right thinking people, are sick & tired of being told that they're sick & tired of being sick & tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick & tired of being told that I am."