Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crs2006

Flats wading shoes?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

I have run into a small problem

I want to get flats wading shoes for my wife (likely the neoprene style), however am struggling to find any in women's sizes.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

i bought some felt-sole neoprenes from Cabela's years ago.  Inside zipper.  Short money as I recall and have used them for over ten years with no problems.

They don't provide much protection, though.

Simms makes some excellent flats boots.  I wore their Flats Sneaker (not neoprene) in the Bahamas four years ago, and loved them.  I think that they offer neoprene as well.

Another vote for the Simms flats sneakers!  

You can even wear them while you travel saving on suitcase weight and space without looking strange.

Unless you always wade on sand, I'd stay away from the zip on soft rubber booties. Not enough protection. You can step on a dime and tell

if it's heads or tails.

Bill,

I agree.  I loved those felt soled prenes when wearing them over my ultra-light hippers or chest waders on very even terrain, like sandy stream banks.

Having waded bone fish flats with the Simms, I'm happy that I didn't bother to bring the neoprene boots with me.

Posted (edited)

I used columbia water shoes.  haven't been lucky enough to wade flats for bonefish but they have done well by me in bays in Mexico, FL, DE.

Screen Shot 2016 02 22 At 2.43.20 PM

Edited by nedakjohn

From what I hear It's all fun & games until you step on a ray . Get a good boot w/ a sole that won't get penetrated . I have Simms .  

Posted (edited)

Check out the Simms Zipit Booties...my SO and I both find them way more comfortable than hard-soled flats boots and no problems finding sizes to fit well. Be aware though we only wade sand-bottomed flats....no rocks or coral.

Edited by sightfisher

Academy Sports carries flats wading shoes check it out( online)

Yep thats who I am going through.  Those should work fine for what we are doing.  If I start hitting flats without a boat on more regular occasions I'll probably upgrade us to the Simms stuff. 

Another vote for the Simms flats sneakers!  

You can even wear them while you travel saving on suitcase weight and space without looking strange.

Unless you always wade on sand, I'd stay away from the zip on soft rubber booties. Not enough protection. You can step on a dime and tell

if it's heads or tails.

Another vote for Simms Flats Sneakers, in the surf, on the rocks, in a boat, can't be beat :cool: