Rickman

Dumb A$$ Move of the Day

38 posts in this topic

Went to a back bay on Aberdeen Proving Grounds today to see if any LMB have moved into my spot yet. Had my second rod laying up behind me and during a distracted cast, caught my MB Orichii XX on the back cast and ..... snapped that sucker in two between the 4th and 5th eyes. Made me sick so I left and oh yeah, not a bump of any kind other than bouncing off a few rocks.

Yikes that one had to sting! Could've happened to anyone though... Chalk that one up to live and learn haha

Which model orochi? I have the perfect pitch which is an awesome stick.

Edited by TJones

Yikes that one had to sting! Could've happened to anyone though... Chalk that one up to live and learn haha

Which model orochi? I have the perfect pitch which is an awesome stick.

It was the F4.5 70XX Flat side Special spinning rod. I have a JDM Shim Twin Power 3000 on it. What a sweet pair. I really liked it and have already ordered a replacement

Maybe it was sign to try a new rod, haha. Sometimes you think you have the greatest rod ever, but then pick up some cheap rod of the rack thats on sale and realize that ugly sticks are just sometimes to hard to beat. Any how, i have brocken my fair share of rods, and instead of learning to be more carefull I just bought cheaper rods. Good luck with the new rod

Better than having gun boats pull up on you down around Aberdeen.

No gun boats but had a chopper buzzing over head and hovering a bit away with the door open on my side a few times though . :)

Edited by Rickman