Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

The Best Pizza?

Rate this topic

197 posts in this topic

Coming back from Long Island...had to stop in. 1st time here, jammed ,2 hour min. for table. Got a cheese and white clam to go.

post-12713-0-35769500-1455994673_thumb.jpeg

When the line is long, eat at the Spot right behind Pepes, same parking lot. Blindfolded you won't know the difference, both the best pizza in the country. Salleys down the street is right up there with them and Modern, not far from Wooster St. is excellent also.

Surprise they let your mass hole disgusting beard ass in that place.

They knew I was bustee cool man. I must have passed for Italian....I saw a caravan of taco vans 2 blocks away on the side of the road looking like Fiesta. For the hell of it I yelled out La Migra, the line got shorter rapido!

It's all a matter of taste.  As a kid, I knew I didn't like it even before I knew what is was, just by the name of it.  Papa's Tomato Pies, Trenton, NJ

Oldest continually owned pizza restaurant in the USA (Robbinsville, NJ).   

They moved to Robbinsville, maybe two-three years ago, to get out of Trenton but they bring in Trenton water to assure that the pies remain as they always were.  

Sorry Riddler but the best pizza is New Park Pizza in Howard Beach, New York. It's a pizza parlor not a restaurant, they did put in an indoor seating area though !

Sorry Riddler but the best pizza is New Park Pizza in Howard Beach, New York. It's a pizza parlor not a restaurant, they did put in an indoor seating area though !

Good thing he can pass as Italian, if he goes there. ;)

That's where the infamous Howard Beach racial incident got started, back in the 1980s.

Sorry but L&B Spumoni Gardens doesn't even come close. They were better years ago but the quality has gone way down and it's not worth the wait.

I never go there because of the wait, so I can't even remember what their pizza tastes like. Is it better than Modern?

no, I think their equals.  I like Sallys as well, but the place could use a cleaning and a fresh coat of paint

Good thing he can pass as Italian, if he goes there. ;)

That's where the infamous Howard Beach racial incident got started, back in the 1980s.

Yup, those three guys where harassing a group of girls that went there to pick up pizza for a party. One of the girls went to the pay phone right outside and called the house where the party was, the rest is well publicized.

Sorry but L&B Spumoni Gardens doesn't even come close. They were better years ago but the quality has gone way down and it's not worth the wait.

I only found out about it a couple of years ago and think it is awesome. We usually send someone out from work to pick it up so we don't really wait for it.