Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Limekiln

Zziplex Kevlon Bass

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, looking to add the Zziplex Kevlon Bass to my collection- any owners out there?Which current Zziplex Bass model does it most resemble-the light Bass or longer Powertex rod?Must admit I have an old uptide boat rod with this material and I am not overly impressed with it!!Thanks in advance for assistance.

The Lite Bass. It is pretty much the same except for the Kevlar. I did not like the kevlar model as it is not so lively in your hands. The Kevlar dulls a rod in my view. It was all the rage once but did not last long in rod building.

You might still be able to buy the Lite Bass new and the current rod is a real fine design. The Kevlar version has not been made for many years.

Lite Bass is nominally 11 feet 7 inches long and a 1-3oz blank. The Power Tex is 12 foot 9 inches and a 1 to 4 oz blank.

Both blanks have parallel butt sections so can be shortened to suit.

The Lite Bass made to a total length of 11 feet is one of the best balanced rods available globally and an absolute joy to use. I use mine for Surf bait fishing when I hold the rod continuously and I also have used one in the near past to cast up to 3 oz lures to Stripers until it got broken in the back of a pick up truck.

Great with NGC for spinning and even better with a conventional set up with a 6500 reel.

Hope you manage to get one.

Mike

stu rat.

Yep it is a prob carting one around. Years ago I used to bring mine out from the Uk to LI. The 8 foot 9 inch long rod case jammed lifts would not fit taxis was a nightmare at airports walking through the crowds and is a real trip hazard. LOL After making a few trips I left it in the USA and it lived there very happily for about 14 years until one day it was being transported by pick up truck and a large object slid across the floor and smashed the tip when the truck rounded a bend. None fixable.

Could not face the hassle of taking over another so I built myself two Lami GSB 132 1M  rods which I love almost the same on the deck of the rental house.. In fact in truth for Montauk the Lami is a better rod.

Mike