TheToadHunter

Mike Oliver and Other Casting Snobs

Rate this topic

242 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Gremlin said:

Was there anything stopping you from going ahead of me? 

I refuse to stoop to that level. 

5 hours ago, rigdEEL said:

Wow...I'm going to have to bring a bodyguard to be around those guys next weekend! That is of course if they can find my secret spot!

Doug

A pair of ear muffs and nose plugs will suffice. Secret spot... I'll cast the net wide. N 41° 40' 56.391" W 69° 59' 33.93"?

On 6/5/2019 at 1:35 AM, DanTheBassMan said:

I refuse to stoop to that level. 

A pair of ear muffs and nose plugs will suffice. Secret spot... I'll cast the net wide. N 41° 40' 56.391" W 69° 59' 33.93"?

Dan,  this is the only secret spot to begin your day at that you should be concerned with.  41.6823025, -69.9925970. 

HT

16 hours ago, rigdEEL said:

LOL....damn he found it! Your buying Sat. morning

You're on. Might end up having a bidding war of tips with Mike for his ticket next time. 

2 hours ago, HillTop said:

Dan,  this is the only secret spot to begin your day at that you should be concerned with.  41.6823025, -69.9925970. 

HT

HT, glad we're in agreement. Just hope we can avoid future "something's happened..."-as-Mike-sprints-by-after-closing-time moments. Has he acted on the number he got at Fish & Chips yet? 

Dan

On 2/10/2016 at 0:43 AM, RJ said:

Toad Hunter.  The wane winter in the endless mountains in NE PA must have awakened you early.  Go back to hibernate until the opening day of Trout.

27 posts, and you act like you have hair on your chest.  Everyone has an opinion! Yours is a bit odd. If you are trying to pick a fight you bought a wet noodle to a place where a nice fat brick is the starting point of things that do damage. Or, you are at the infantile age of a future rumplestiltskin.   A small and  humble troll attempt that fell flat on its face. Your apology is accepted.  May 2016 be a happy, healthy and profitable experience to you.

:howdy:

RJ..do you have an email address you can send me so I can ask you a few SB migration questions?  Thanks Rob

1 hour ago, Rob Muller said:

RJ..do you have an email address you can send me so I can ask you a few SB migration questions?  Thanks Rob

Rob, greetings and welcome. Please ask your questions here in the forum so that others can benefit from the response - asking someone to answer your questions privately is frowned upon - this forum exists so that people can answer a question one time and thousands of others can consider the response. Also, your question posted here will be able to be answered by many other folks, not just the one you asked. Thanks :)

TimS

30 mins ago, Rob Muller said:

TimS why is it frowned upon if the question is personal?  Rob

You said it was about bass migration - that's not personal. If it's his personal opinion, that's exactly what this forum is here for - so people can share their experience and knowledge.  This isn't a personal contact website, it's a discussion forum - asking someone to answer a question for you in private isn't how this forum works - everyone asks questions in public so others can see the response. That's what keeps people from answering the same question for a thousand different people in private - they only need to answer it once in public.

TimS

If it's something only he could answer, I'd say it's personal.  Besides, I thought forums were to make personal contacts.  But whatever, your site your rules dude.

41 mins ago, Rob Muller said:

If it's something only he could answer, I'd say it's personal.  Besides, I thought forums were to make personal contacts.  But whatever, your site your rules dude.

I would be absolutely astonished if there was something about striped bass migration that only RJ could answer - there's probably more than a hundred thousand years of striped bass fishing experience here, if you ask your migration question in public, I bet a quarter RJ isn't the only person that could answer :) Why not give the rest of the community an opportunity to answer your striped bass migration question - what do you have to lose? 

TimS

28 mins ago, TimS said:

I would be absolutely astonished if there was something about striped bass migration that only RJ could answer - there's probably more than a hundred thousand years of striped bass fishing experience here, if you ask your migration question in public, I bet a quarter RJ isn't the only person that could answer :) Why not give the rest of the community an opportunity to answer your striped bass migration question - what do you have to lose? 

TimS

me smell fish

8 mins ago, Killiefish said:

Extremely bad form to pick a fight with the Man in your first three posts, IMO.  :elmo:

It didn't feel like a fight, it felt like a discussion :) I hope he ultimately asks his question - I'd be very surprised if the folks here couldn't answer it thoroughly and thoughtfully :howdy:

TimS

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have fished with RJ for a few years , he shared many notes with me as well as others , he also does not mind if I share them especially about striper migration . 

2 hours ago, Rob Muller said:

Edited by Hook I

2 hours ago, Hook I said:

I have fished with RJ for a few years , he shared many notes with me as well as others , he also does not mind if I share them especially about striper migration . 

Thanks.  I do have other migration questions.  First one: has there been any tag study or tracking studies done recently (last 5 yrs.) where they've tagged fish at the mouth of the Delaware Bay to see how far north on the Delaware River some of the Cows swim to spawn.  I realize the majority spawn before Trenton.  But, how many (or what percentage) spawn northwest of Trenton?  I would think it difficult for the big cows (30+ lbs.) to navigate the wing dams.  Second question: Are there many resident SB, both male and female, caught north of Trenton during the Spawn?  Any way to distinguish the resident from the migratory SB other than perhaps the migratory SB having sea lice and the cows being much larger?  I have also heard/read reports where some of the Chesapeake Bay SB have crossed the C&D canal and headed up the Delaware River to spawn.  Not sure how the fish biologists distinguish CB SB from DB SB.  DNA? I just find the SB migration fascinating. Thanks again.  Rob