If the EPA "did their job" in Flint Michigan

Rate this topic

Little

I'm guessing you're not a fan of the EPA.

Do you really not know? The answer is all over the internet.

If I explained it to you would it make a difference?

You dont know either I guess.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Chlorine, lime, bicarbonate of soda, soda ash are all inexpensive ways to treat water. It does not make any sense.

Detroit was adding polyphosphate for corrosion control. Thus, no apparent lead leaching problems when Flint was buying water from them.

That certain things about operation of their plant don't make sense is kinda suggestive of political subterfuge to me.

Edited by patchyfog

Detroit was adding polyphosphate for corrosion control. Thus, no apparent lead leaching problems when Flint was buying water from them.

That certain things about operation of their plant don't make sense is kinda suggestive of political subterfuge to me.

Which lead me, again in the other thread, to notice a simple water main break last week in Albany NY had local Politicians railing about "aging water and sewer infrastructure" and how the "Federal Government must do something".

Similar to how Michigan's Pols promptly went to DC with their hands out.

Edited by DoOver

343 Deus Vult John 3:16

Pog Mo Lilly White Thoin

Are you a fan of the EPA?

Would you defend the EPA in this situation?

Love clean air and water.

The woman that resigned did so because the report on Flint's water was "incomplete" in her estimation.

The whistle blower saw the immediate danger to the public and made the call on his own, making an end run around the bureaucracy.

That was the correct call. The bureaucrat was too concerned with following procedure. For that she lost her job.

The step by step procedure is there for a reason. Under most circumstances it works quite well.

These were extraordinary circumstances.

Edited by Octopotamus

Occams Razor reduces to nothing more than incompetence.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and regularly,  invariably for the same reason.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

Purpose of the OP is diversion.  Head of MDEQ also resigned, and rightly so.  The task force report put blame squarely on MDEQ and particularly their decision to cling to legal language of the copper and lead regulation that permitted the problem to go on for more than a year.  Rather than looking at the situation for what it was after complaints they blocked implementation of any corrective measures.  EPA's only failure appears to be trying to make correction through discussions with the MQED without going public.  

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

Purpose of the OP is diversion.  Head of MDEQ also resigned, and rightly so.  The task force report put blame squarely on MDEQ and particularly their decision to cling to legal language of the copper and lead regulation that permitted the problem to go on for more than a year.  Rather than looking at the situation for what it was after complaints they blocked implementation of any corrective measures.  EPA's only failure appears to be trying to make correction through discussions with the MQED without going public.  

Oh Little won't like that very much. :beatin:

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

Love clean air and water.

The woman that resigned did so because the report on Flint's water was "incomplete" in her estimation.

The whistle blower saw the immediate danger to the public and made the call on his own, making an end run around the bureaucracy.

That was the correct call. The bureaucrat was too concerned with following procedure. For that she lost her job.

The step by step procedure is there for a reason. Under most circumstances it works quite well.

These were extraordinary circumstances.

So the EPA is not in charge of clean water?

OK fair enough.  I want my ****ing money back.  How about you?

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Gobbledy****.

Bureaucratic claptrap.  The woman resigned because they didnt fill out the right forms?  They knew for a year that kids were drinking this water, but they didnt say anything.

Again, how do we get our money back?

The biggest polluter is government, dont forget that fact.  Suckers.

Ayn Rand

actually, it helps prove his point

The government fails again.

So why do you want more of it?

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

The military and DOE have made serious messes, Otherwise, your statement is nonsense.

Jeepers? Are you ignoring the EPA destroying the Animas River in Colorado to make him look silly. Or you?

343 Deus Vult John 3:16

Pog Mo Lilly White Thoin

Jeepers? Are you ignoring the EPA destroying the Animas River in Colorado to make him look silly. Or you?

You seem to know stuff about water so you would also know that an equivilent quantity of polluted water as was dumped in the Animas leaks out of hundreds of other abandoned mines every 2 days wrecking about 40 % of the head waters in Western Rivers.

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black