Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

Cespedes a Met..AGAIN

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

just our luck, the Mets finally make a splash and sign a big time, 5 tool player who sparked a run to the world series, but it happens on a day where according to all weather reports, the world is ending tonite into tomorrow with Super Blizzard Jonas.. LOL

mets cant grab a break!!

BC 

I think it's a good thing he didn't get a mega-deal.  Quite frankly, I still have a lot of questions about his production.  He had a really good rookie year, and a great contract year, the other couple of years were eh at best.

Nats made Cespedes a pretty good offer,I'm sort of surprised that he took the one year deal from the Mets.Nats may have just been running up the price for the Mets.We don't really need him,we have Werth haha.

Now I hope that the second half that Cespedes had last year was a fluke.Dude was red hot.

I think everyone saw what happens when he's fed a steady diet of top line pitchers (as is almost always the case in the playoffs and WS)...but with that said, there's so much mediocre pitching around the league (the stuff he feasts on), he's still an asset on the team just to get you to the playoffs...problem at that point is I've never heard of successful type of strategy that involves using putting a player in your regular line up during the regular season because he can beat up on weak pitching , then benching him in the playoffs...LOL

Nats offered 100 mil five year..wonder why he turned it down?

C got 3 yrs 75 mil with a one year opt out from NYMs

maybe it was the opt out?Maybe he just likes NY?

Had my hopes up...oh well.Really good move by the Mets.

He'll be able to opt out after 1yr/27.5M.  I think he thought(and a lot of us probably thought) that his market would be hotter and much higher.  Heyward got 184, Upton got 132, but Yoenis got more per year than those top deals.  Betting on himself, imo.

Perfect deal for both sides. A big win-win. Mets should win the division again because they are now a deeper more talented team than last year with the best starting rotation in baseball.

Edited by GeoffT

Nats made a good offer but may have just been driving up the cost for NY.Mixed results IMO

At least we got Murphy.

Murphy lol. Youll regret saying that by mid april.