Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabriel Pescador

lamiglas GSB 132 1M or Rainshadow Su1209

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Can't decide in between these two blanks, i want something to work 6oz bucktails comfortable at the canal.

I been using a shimano tiralejo trc110mh2. I don't really like it, the blank feels to thick & also 11' is to long for me.

if i ware to go with the lamiglas I'd prob take 3 inch of tip & 7 of butt or something close to that...

Any thoughts or personal experience with these blanks? I also my do some chunking with it eventually.

XRA126 is my favorite canal blank. I think you will find 3 and 4 (or less) are far more effective in all but the fastest stage of a moon tide.

XRA126 is my favorite canal blank. I think you will find 3 and 4 (or less) are far more effective in all but the fastest stage of a moon tide.

yeah thats what i use the most but some times i go for the 6oz so i want something to work those comfortable & hows the tip action on that? is it like a med action? 

The 126 is "slower" almost a light weight Fiberglass action. The 1205 is faster and has a slightly lower top end (5 or 5 1/2)

The 1209 is THE heavy duty canal stick. I would not have fun with that for a day of jigging. Just my $.02

The 1209 is THE heavy duty canal stick. I would not have fun with that for a day of jigging. Just my $.02

i see, thats kind of what im looking for tho something heavy duty, i have a xra 120 for lighter applications, it works well balanced with 3oz for me  

If you want to jig 6oz and you are healthy and your body can handle it, then you will want to use the 1209. The lami are too parabolic and slow for 6oz.

I cut my 126 blank so I could fit it inside my car. It is a little scary cutting a $250 blank, but it worked out well for me.

That blank was designed to jig the canal and I would have left it alone if transporting wasn't an issue.