Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ianf5

Favorite lures

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

What are your go to lures that you always have with you when you're fishing? No matter the conditions

Edited by Ianf5

I have a racketball ball container on my belt with swimshads (3, 4, 5"); in my bag are 6 tins, 6 jigheads with curlies (1/2, 3/4, 1, 1 &1/2 oz) and in the inserts are 7 plugs: 2 darters, 2 metal lips, 2 minnows, and whatever's been hot. In the mesh pocket I have a couple sluggos on JoeBaggs jigheads (which hold the rubber well w/aid of zip ties). I think this is a smaller assortment than most. It helps me stay mobile as I walk, wade, and change locations along a beach or river.

I respectfully say that this question cannot be answered by the what you've asked.

Under what conditions?

What bait present?

What structure present?

What moon, tide?

Is there an inlet or jetty close by?

The list goes on and on and on.

I respectfully say that this question cannot be answered by the what you've asked.

Under what conditions?

What bait present?

What structure present?

What moon, tide?

Is there an inlet or jetty close by?

The list goes on and on and on.

Yea I realized how general it was once I read it again, I meant to say your go to lures.

Depending on conditions, structure, and available bait, you'll be swapping out your inventory from trip to trip. Jigs, soft plastics, diving lures, tins, darters, bottle plugs, metal lip swimmers, needles, the list goes on. They each have their strong and weak points, so get out there this spring and find out what the fish like. It also takes time to familiarize yourself with locations and the habits of fish in those locations, but identifying their food source should help you narrow down the types of plugs you'll want to carry. When I first started surfcasting I thought having a briefcase sized plug bag was the way to go, but now I limit what I carry to a three-tube Aqua-Skinz bag on my wading belt. Before each trip I pick a small variety of lures that I'm confident with for the particular area, tide, light conditions, sea state, etc. Put the time in and you'll figure it out. Good luck.

Edited by Seadogg

Loaded Bone Redfin

Unloaded Black Redfin

Danny's

Bomber's, 16 & 17A are my fav's

SS Dahta's & Bottles

Mag Dahta (2 runs ago)

SP's

Polaris Style Popper's

Red Gill's

Northbar Wooden Bottles in Green Mac

Sebile Stik Shad, Ghost