Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CTR0022

Charleston SC in mid-late April

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

The wife will be in Charleston for a work conference the 3rd week of April. Thinking of going with her and doing some fishing. What's going there that time of the year? I am open for anything from freshwater carp, striper or other warm water fish. What is the inshore fishing like there? Would really be interested in the offshore thing if there are any Tuna or other big stuff swimming around that time of the year. Please let me know your thoughts and recommendations on local guides/captains. Thanks in advance 

Redfish , trout , sheephead Inshore  . Mahi , wahoo , blackfin ,sailfish ,grouper, blackbass, Big tuna offshore during April , May.

Go to **** .com and post in the forums for some advice . (Phin , scoutingforgoodins , Cortland, Optiker , all user names )< are a few who know the ropes down there and who are good guids   I made a website for a guide down there about 5 years ago . He went to working with his son flipping houses last year . I went out a few years back and we did good on the dolphin , forgot the guide's name tho . Inshore will run ya about $400 a day and offshore about 1000-1200.

Haddrells Point Tackle can give you some sound advice if you want to call a local bunch , good people.  843- 881-3644

I was down there about a year and a half ago , couldn't find much about D.I.Y. fishing so I booked a half day trip with Captain John Irwin . We fished up on the marsh for tailing redfish . He worked hard to put me on fish and even with my limited skills I had many shots at fish and even caught a couple, it was a lot of fun . Charleston is a interesting  city , lot's of history , and great restaurants . 

Here's a photo of one of the redfish I caught . It was like you were fishing on a flooded lawn . I had numerous shot's at tailing fish where you tried to cast the fly right in front of the fish , to where a fish was moving along the marsh causing the grass to move and you would have to lead it by a several feet . For the most point it was more about accuracy than distance when it came to casting . 

post-35908-0-84643100-1453728714_thumb.jpg

Here's a photo of one of the redfish I caught . It was like you were fishing on a flooded lawn . I had numerous shot's at tailing fish where you tried to cast the fly right in front of the fish , to where a fish was moving along the marsh causing the grass to move and you would have to lead it by a several feet . For the most point it was more about accuracy than distance when it came to casting . 

Excellent Redfish.  Were you fishing near Kiawa Island, SC?

We were fishing right in Charleston harbor . It was no more than 15 minutes after left the ramp that we were up on the marsh fishing .

No commute and into fish of that caliber.  I hoped you bought a lottery ticket, cause you are a very lucky man.   :howdy: