• Prayer
    • E-Cigs
    • Counseling
    • Hypnosis
    • Gum (nicorette etc)
    • The Patch (nicoderm etc.)
    • Combination (coldturkey and prayer, nicoderm and gum, etc
    • Other
  2. 2. How long have you been smoke free?

• days
    • months
    • More than a year
    • 20+ years

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

10 years smoke free now. Cold Turkey and asking god to remove the obsession worked. A combination worked for me. I have no desire to smoke, thankfully.

I quit twice smoked from 17 to 19 enjoyed those smokes. Started again at 33 girlfriend stress was the reason .I was a casual smoker never really was a pack a day guy. Smoked on and off for about 10 years grubbing off a friend = a pack a week . Quit cold turkey both times it's been 10 years with out a smoke best thing i ever did now the smell kills me even from 50ft away . One of the few things i didn't need the Good Lords help with just got tired of it

Edited by TheKnot

I smoked a pack a day from 7th grade till my early 20s (maybe 23) and just quite cold turkey. When I quite NJ still had smoking in bars and those was my prime bar days so many weekends I'd have to leave the bar and just go home to avoid the smoking. The cravings actually lasted years when Id smell a cigarette but now I'm 38 and get highly turns off by cigarette smoke.

If you quite remember there is no "just 1" or even smoking less. They way I look at it is if you quite 6 months and smoke 1 cigarette your starting over from zero.

My job is diagnosing people with cancer. Trust me, if you watch a bronchoscopy + fine needle aspiration, you won't want to smoke again. Also, if you did smoke for a number of years and are approaching 55 or older, you really should be getting yearly screenings for lung cancer until you are 80. It is only so deadly because it is not caught until late stage, and you are still at risk for many years after you quit smoking... don't get me wrong it is 10000 times better not to smoke but just in case you did, make sure you get yourself checked out. You could not have any symptoms and walk around with a carcinoma in situ or occult cancer for many years and not be diagnosed until you are stage four. Small cell lung cancer has a .05% five year survival rate, still want to smoke?

I smoked almost every day from the early 90's to 2004. Quit cold turkey. Then a year later I started to social smoke when drinking beer. I stopped doing that in 2013'. Haven't touch a cigarette while drinking since.

I stopped for there years. I think I helped some others quit. I backslid and feel like a total *******. If I have a heart attack shoveling tomorrow give my lady condolences but don't feel sorry for me.