Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scoobydoo

!@#$

14 posts in this topic

I need to find a way to make my life all about this.......

sensing a gear sell off.

Nah. :wag:  Did the baitcaster thing about 10 years ago. It SUCKED :waah: . Had so much bird nesting :thumbd:  I thought I was a Sparrow looking to mate. I do understand technology has come along way. But my bad experience with them has left that ever lasting taste :soapbox:​ 

Took me 6months of frustration before i gave up......

Late the next season i focused on it......never looked back.

It is a very enjoyable way to fish..  You have more control throughout every stage of the cast.  And can even curve casts.  

I had a hotrodded pixy that i used for trout......getting back into the small bait baitcaster game again this year...sooooo fun.  

I hate TWS. So does my fishing buddy, he just too stubborn to admit that I was right. 

What didn't you like about it?

Posted (edited)

Finally a true PHD modern high performance Bait Casting reel. I was wondering when they would finally develop one.

I did love my ABU round reels for many years.

Could be some major trade-ins or sell-offs in your future.

Edited by Jay Blair

I do like the bait caster WHEN standing on the shoreline or boat , but when sitting in the rowboat spin works best . I own 4 of them Shimano  Citicas & Curados  . I find my wrist gets fatigued using them .  

What didn't you like about it?

I know there's talk of "groove-gate" with the TWS (never had a problem with mine), but my main gripe is how the line won't automatically seat into the bottom part of the TW until there is significant pressure. This makes it a bitch to control your line while jigging/drifting for fluke/seabass, when you're letting a foot or two of line out constantly to keep bottom contact. When you engage the reel more often than not the line will be sitting to either side of the deeper channel, and if a fish hits and you go set the hook the line will "jump" into place...this I no likey, so I tend to manually move the line into position every time. My OCD does me no favors on the water that's for sure.

Thank god i always been a spinning reel fisherman, never owned a baitcaster and never will. Seen too many people and some of my friends get those dreaded birdsnest over the years. What a mess!  :banghd: