Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeg26er

Fireline - Price Check, Good Deal or not?

28 posts in this topic

Fireline - Price Check, Good Deal or not?

have a chance at 3,000 yard spool 20 pound test Fireline original. $144 

Is this a good deal?

Figure that should be enough line to last me about forever on my spinning reels?

Well, I usually pay $40 for a 300 yard spool, and quick math tells me you're getting about 64% off.

Posted (edited)

Not a bad deal. That works out to $14.40 per 300 yard spool. They usually go for about twice that when you buy them individually. It doesn't seem like this brand of line goes on sale much. I've been hunting for a few 300 yard spools and the best price I found was $27 each.

Where did you find the deal?

Edited by Alpha

The confirmed it's 3,000 yards of 20 lb line but I am still skeptical about it so I will post if I actually get the deal...

Pretty sure you are allowed to post deals just not self-promote commercial ventures. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Fleabay is dicey when it comes to line in my opinion unless you are buying from sellers that you know are legit. There is a ton of fake Powerpro on there. Not sure if there is fake Fireline going around but I haven't heard of any.

I know there are other fake products on there. The Otterbox being one. The Chinese are masters in the art of counterfeiting. It's crazy.

If you did get fake line. It would probably be easy to tell once you got it. Fireline is unique line and it's strong. If it breaks easily testing it or if it looks off, it's fake. 

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure you are allowed to post deals just not self-promote commercial ventures. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Fleabay is dicey when it comes to line in my opinion unless you are buying from sellers that you know are legit. There is a ton of fake Powerpro on there. Not sure if there is fake Fireline going around but I haven't heard of any.

I know there are other fake products on there. The Otterbox being one. The Chinese are masters in the art of counterfeiting. It's crazy.

If you did get fake line. It would probably be easy to tell once you got it. Fireline is unique line and it's strong. If it breaks easily testing it or if it looks off, it's fake. 

That's why you test every spool you buy on Ebay. Quick knot to 20-30 lb weight and you know if it's good enough.

Its supposed to be Fireline Original. Not the crystal. I heard the Original is better for spinning?

Crystal is a hair thicker and white. Both line are wiry when new. Stiff thick line windknots less than limp thin line. After 200 casts, they both soften up. The original fireline which is black will turn grey after use. I love white line. No color bleed to deal with.

Edited by aquaholik

That's why you test every spool you buy on Ebay. Quick knot to 20-30 lb weight and you know if it's good enough.

Agreed. 

I prefer the original over the white crystal,  easier to tell when it's time to reverse the line.