Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vce12342000

Shimano Stella SFI 2000S

6 posts in this topic

Caught the winter winter blues. Got real itchiety and seen a few members here with high end reels. So I decided to treat myself to a new Shimano Stella SFI 2000S. My primary fishing reel was a Pflueger Patriarch 9525X UL. Only problem was that I had to change the bail spring every 6 months due to wear. I had several models of the Pflueger Ultra lite reel line and all had the same issue. The 1 Shimano Stradic CI4 1000FA I own the ratio of 6.0:1 is to high for my taste. But was ultra smooth and no bail spring issue's. 

003_zpsjgfufsw8.jpg

002_zpsikzjzvcf.jpg

001_zpsdseoiaye.jpg

So unmounted my Old Stradic and installed the Stella onto my St Croix Avid UL 5.6. Keeping the Patriarch set up intact as a 2nd set up 

Going to load up some Suffix Nanobraid 4lb test on it and see how it does after we get some above 40 degree weather up here in NJ

Oh snap.....don't stop there.......get the yumeya double paddle handle........it's the right thing to do :)

Oh snap.....don't stop there.......get the yumeya double paddle handle........it's the right thing to do :)

Im gonna fish this to get the feel for it 1st. Last time I fished a double paddle handle is when had a baitcaster reel. 

Edited by vce12342000

Oh....one thing  i would suggest you check.

on the body of the reel by the wrash guard. 

Check the allignment of the frame and sideplate opposite of the stem.

I had 2   4000 FI's that had a very poor allignment.   leaving a very sharp ridge.  I returned both prior to going direct.

THere will be a slight ridge most likely...but the pair i had were pretty bad.....