Sudsy

Powercrafter high speed air turbine carving tool

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I bought this a few years ago to get into carving and never used it. Turns out I'm seriously lacking in artistic talent.

The package of bits has never even been opened

(I'll also be putting up a Colwood Detailer wood burning kit with a huge number of bits)

Great tool for the plugmakers for doing details such as fin rays and gills

post-2147-0-82999600-1453482329_thumb.jpg

The Powercrafter air turbine tool that runs up to 400,000 RPM comes with air hose, variable speed valve, fitting, oil, tool holder, storage case, and 5 cutters. Runs on 40-60 PSI air pressure from your air compressor. You can carve or engrave wood metal or glass with this tool.  Due to the high RPM of these tools they need to be oiled before using and then every 20 minutes when in use.  Takes a standard 1/16" shank cutter. (Dentist bits)

$90 + shipping

Edited by Sudsy

Get a pancake style compressor from Harbor Freight - around $50. Works great with an airbrush.

Posted (edited)

i can do $90 shipped pp

Yes ...... No ? ......... I'm looking at another one but I'd rather deal on SOL

Also ...... When will you post the burner ........ Might be interested in that too

Edited by rhahn427

Remember, 400,000 RPM

If the guy who owned your new used one wasn't good about keeping it oiled, it won't last you long.

Posted (edited)

Yep ........ Same unit and new ......... Thanks for making up my mind .......... Don't need your burner either. Bought a new one today. Thanks for making the decision easy

Edited by rhahn427