Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonesy

This Massive Republican Disaster

Rate this topic

159 posts in this topic

Damn! I've never seen anything like this. The GOP just going after their top 2 Presidential contenders. The ca insisted themselves starting to go all out after each other. National Review going nuts and almost all the conservative writers in the country decided to band together to attack Donald. This mess is unprecedented in my lifetime. It's fascinating. I'm looking forward to this mess unfolding over the rest of this year. Is it possible that they can screw up the election after 8 years of Obama?

I don't know if you listen to the Bill Simmons podcast, but his guest Jack O made a case that Trump getting the nomination might be the end of the Republican party. It would be a fatal blow for their credibility. 

I don't know if you listen to the Bill Simmons podcast, but his guest Jack O made a case that Trump getting the nomination might be the end of the Republican party. It would be a fatal blow for their credibility. 

Some of the long-time conservatives (like George Will) are talking about forming a new party because Trump will be the death knell of the Republican party.  

Trump's popularity at this point does confuse me,

as does the recent popularity of Carson and Fiarino (though they are fading)

Recent years have had a lot of lamentation by Republican voters about RINOs.

I really thought this time around they'd rally behind a Conservative Politician with a proven track record,

the fact that voters seem to be turning their backs on Republicans in favor of outsiders seems.... odd (for lack of better word)

It is a good thing. The shakeout is well overdue, and hopefully will waken the complacent.

Who knows, maybe the outcome will be a hybrid party of both parties comprised of members from both sides utterly disgusted with the status quo.

Edited by zybathegeek

I would say if Trump does get the Republican Nomination and wins in the General election then the current version of the Republican Party is done. The career politicians will be shooed out the door as they come up for reelection with a leaning towards being more Conservative. I hope this opens the door for other non professional politicians to consider running for office.

It is a good thing. The shakeout is well overdue, and hopefully will waken the complacent.

Who knows, maybe the outcome will be a hybrid party of both parties comprised of members from both sides utterly disgusted with the status quo.

I thought the whole teaparty movement was a shakeout.

I'm genuinely fascinated (for lack of better word) that GOP voters are seemingly rejecting their entire field of existing politicians and are looking from outside the ranks of the party establishment,

This move might make more sense had we not just had 8 years of Tea Partiers shaking things up.

The fact that a guy that was basically a Democrat just two years ago and still might be is atop the Republican field purely because he says bombastic stuff is rather fitting for the Republican party.

The Trump phenomenon is a direct result of not having TERM LIMITS!! There shouldn't be such things as career politicians, a couple of federal terms and out you go, no pension, no health insurance for life, no preferential treatment, no nothing. Time to completely clean house Ttump is a good start

Simple, the people we have in Washington, whether conservative or liberal are pretty much all the same. They are there to serve themselves and not the people.

We're sick of it, and a lot of us would like to clean house of the career politicians.

Exactly...no big mystery really. 

Simple, the people we have in Washington, whether conservative or liberal are pretty much all the same. They are there to serve themselves and not the people.

We're sick of it, and a lot of us would like to clean house of the career politicians.