Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roadrunner

NTSB 'Suggesting' States Lower DWI BAC Levels to .05

66 posts in this topic

http://fox8.com/2016/01/18/federal-government-wants-to-lower-legal-alcohol-limit/

I'm old enough to remember the drop from .10 to .08, and thinking this isn't going to stop here. The problem with control freaks, is they always come back for more. Always.

Now they're 'suggesting' .05. Anybody think they'll stop there? :huh: (If .05 is the new good, .00 would be perfect. MADD must be positively giddy. :kook: )

Anybody think this proposal is a good idea? :huh:

I'm cynically thinking a backdoor scam to make lawyers, State coffers, and insurance companies richer. :dismay:

I do "One and done" when we go out to dinner and I'm the driver. But these changes could screw that up.

Peace

Posted (edited)

How many beers to reach .05 ?

Less than 2.

edit to add: Depending on how long you waited to drive.

Edited by Alconite

Less than 2.

edit to add: Depending on how long you waited to drive.

Maybe if you're drinking a high abv IPA, or you weigh 100 lbs. Otherwise, two beers shouldn't do it. It takes awhile for alcohol to be absorbed, and the liver starts processing it as soon as it is absorbed into the blood. Food in the stomach also delays absorption.

Maybe if you're drinking a high abv IPA, or you weigh 100 lbs. Otherwise, two beers shouldn't do it. It takes awhile for alcohol to be absorbed, and the liver starts processing it as soon as it is absorbed into the blood. Food in the stomach also delays absorption.

You've either never been locked up,or are a lawyer.

One or the other.

You've either never been locked up,or are a lawyer.

One or the other.

I'd wager both

Texting worries me more seems like half the drivers are doing it

If I'm .05, it's highly

Likely I'm over .08 too.

So I get the push back but in reality it's not likely to make a difference for me.

Not a problem. Don't drink and drive no worry. Lower it to zero. What is the harm?

People wouldn't be able to go out to dinner and have one drink without going to jail. :dismay:

A guy I know -- :D -- once got pulled over by the LAPD driving home from the Viper Room, after 3 beers in about an hour and 15 minutes. I -- I mean he :D -- was polite, did what he was told, etc. because he didn't think he'd done anything wrong -- he knew impairment, and he was not impaired. 

So it surprised me him that when he was brought into the LAPD's Hollywood substation on Wilcox, that he blew a 0.07. He hadn't eaten, which evidently made the reading higher, but it surprised him that a 195-lb. guy could be that close to being over the limit after only 3 beers. 

After that night, the guy started taking the bus when his friend's band played the clubs on the Sunset Strip. :D

I'd wager both

Texting worries me more seems like half the drivers are doing it

Man,I agree with you 100%.

I was looking in my rearview this morning and saw a guy behind me going all over the place.

When i moved into the right lane,I let him pass me on the left and saw him playing with his phone.

Not cool at all.

I'd much rather deal with a guy who's at .05 on the road.

Posted (edited)

A guy I know -- :D -- once got pulled over by the LAPD driving home from the Viper Room, after 3 beers in about an hour and 15 minutes. I -- I mean he :D -- was polite, did what he was told, etc. because he didn't think he'd done anything wrong -- he knew impairment, and he was not impaired. 

So it surprised me him that when he was brought into the LAPD's Hollywood substation on Wilcox, that he blew a 0.07. He hadn't eaten, which evidently made the reading higher, but it surprised him that a 195-lb. guy could be that close to being over the limit after only 3 beers. 

After that night, the guy started taking the bus when his friend's band played the clubs on the Sunset Strip. :D

I,I mean,"he", took basically  the same hit at 180.

Couldn't believe it.

Edited by Alconite