Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish'nmagician

Report I saw on ABC News this morning

131 posts in this topic

I am limited in information to what I saw on the news

If anyone wants to verify they covered the story I saw it on the news sometime from 5:30 to 6:30

Story was in Washington state of a man in a movie theater who accidentally discharged his weapon striking a woman in the shoulder,

Man appeared intoxicated, left the theater, went to a bar where he was seen to have dropped his gun and recovered it.

IMHO I truly believe that the more people who are carrying guns around with them in public the more frequent this type of mishap will be

and I think Guns in a bar should be forbidden in general.

Guns and booze do not mix.

In Texas, there are signs forbidding guns in bars.

Maybe Wa should follow their lead.

Good for Texas.

This is something that concerns me about those bills to allow carrying on college campuses. Young males, many away from home for the first time, mixing keggers with carrying?  Bad idea.

Maybe Wa should follow their lead.

the coverage was woefully incomplete,

I have ZERO idea if he was a legal gun owner,

had a carry permit,

and if Washington state allows guns in bars,

just reporting the facts as I heard them,

I know we have discussed the benefits of guns in movie theaters before,

and we've had a discussion or two with gun advocates claiming they SHOULD be able to carry their weapons into bars.

I am limited in information to what I saw on the news

If anyone wants to verify they covered the story I saw it on the news sometime from 5:30 to 6:30

Story was in Washington state of a man in a movie theater who accidentally discharged his weapon striking a woman in the shoulder,

Man appeared intoxicated, left the theater, went to a bar where he was seen to have dropped his gun and recovered it.

IMHO I truly believe that the more people who are carrying guns around with them in public the more frequent this type of mishap will be

and I think Guns in a bar should be forbidden in general.

1 guy did a dumb thing so you want to condem all...........when are we getting rid of motor vehicles.....smart ass......geeezzz.

Police say they have arrested a man accused of shooting a woman in a Washington state movie theater, who later called authorities to surrender.

Police responded to a shooting call shortly after 8 p.m. Thursday at Regal Cinemas at The Landing in Renton.

Investigators say a man appearing to be intoxicated fumbled with a gun and shot the woman during a showing of the movie "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi."

Investigators believe the man and woman do not know each other.

Police say the man left the theater after the shooting, returned to his home and called 911, saying he had dropped his gun and the shooting was accidental.

Harborview Medical Center spokeswoman Susan Gregg said Thursday night the woman's condition was upgraded from critical to stable.

No mention of a bar in this brief report,  and I won't make any guesses about his political affiliation based on the movie he was watching.

this has a bit more detail.....

(CNN) — A man who shot a woman while fumbling with his gun in a Washington state movie theater has turned himself in, authorities said.

The victim was in stable condition after she was shot in the torso Thursday night in Renton.

She was in the theater watching the movie “13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi” when the shooting occurred, CNN affiliate KOMO reported.

The unidentified suspect took off after the shooting, the Renton Police Department said in a statement.

His father later called 911 and said his distraught son told him the gun discharged after he dropped it in the theater, authorities said.

But police painted a different picture.

“We have witnesses that say he came into the theater and appeared intoxicated. He went in and took a seat in theater No. 9 and was fumbling with a pistol when it went off and struck someone sitting in front of him,” David Leibman with the Renton Police Department told the affiliate.

After the father’s call police went to the home and arrested the suspect without incident.

Renton is about 10 miles south of Seattle.

I haven't seen any article mention a bar in the story,

Perhaps I misheard the news report,

or it was wrong,

for now let's assume the error is on my part.

Kid sounds like a complete idiot.... Complete idiots kill people every day...

yes they do,

but idiots with guns are more dangerous than other items,

if he fumbled with a knife/bat or ham I doubt the fellow movie patron would be hospitalized.

Smells like BS. I made a few calls to the FCC to verify the report, and hired a private investigator to confirm you actually watch ABC news in the morning.

And yeah, guns in a bar seems like a bad idea for everyone.