Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
offdahook

thinnest and strongest mono or florocarbon light line?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

you could try looking at salt striker copolymer line from cabelas,I have found it to be quite a bit thinner than most monos and with good abrasion resistance too.

I switched to it in 15,20,30 and 40.

the 40 is equivalent to most others 25 in thickness.

it's on sale at most times too so you get a 1lb spool for low cost.

H-H

Edited by Roddy

you could try looking at salt striker copolymer line from cabelas,I have found it to be quite a bit thinner than most monos and with good abrasion resistance too.

H-H

That Cabelas SS co-poly is indeed very thin and it's not bad line at all. Pretty decent stuff.

Don't go by the bullcrap LB rating that's on the package. Learn to go by actual diameter. Many of the Japanese line have pretty accurate line diameter to lb rating, while majority of the US brands is overrated. Berkley big game and P-line cxx is one of the worst offender when it comes to line rating.  12lb test should roughly in the 0.28-0.29mm diameter range. 12lb cxx is 0.37mm while big game is 0.35mm.  You do the math.

H-H

That Cabelas SS co-poly is indeed very thin and it's not bad line at all. Pretty decent stuff.

indeed it is,i still like sea-strker clear mono which feels to be one fo the thinnest around and strong along with good abrasion resistance.

I used to get it at my local B&T but they don't carry it in the tests I use so,the cabeleas is now in.

was skeptical at first but,found it to be very good stuff and catch it on sale for 14 bucks for 3000yds of 15 works for me.

found myself loving copolymer line now.

I use it in 15-40 and the 40 feels like others 25.

H-H

Edited by Roddy

Don't go by the bullcrap LB rating that's on the package. Learn to go by actual diameter. Many of the Japanese line have pretty accurate line diameter to lb rating, while majority of the US brands is overrated. Berkley big game and P-line cxx is one of the worst offender when it comes to line rating.  12lb test should roughly in the 0.28-0.29mm diameter range. 12lb cxx is 0.37mm while big game is 0.35mm.  You do the math.

indeed you are right,they do that so we think their line is far stronger but,it is not.

I also use invicta mono and it's true to rating and the 30lb feels like 20.

would make you think to go up in lb tests to be safe.

H-H