dennysnook

2016 Daiwa Certate

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

Just saw that Daiwa has a new remodel scheduled to launch soon. Haven't been able to find much details in a quick search, but was wondering if anyone knew the magsealed bearing locations and specs. Any feedback on experience with Daiwa Service, cost and return timeframe, on any recent reels would also be greatly appreciated. Have a few Daiwa reels on my radar

Edited by dennysnook

The new certate have mag seal bearing on line roller, the two on the gear where the handle goes and the other side. Also mag seal on the pinion. Also the hd version is back

Link works, my Russian ? not so good

I can't believe they have 16 different size reels in the series.

Peace

The new certate have mag seal bearing on line roller, the two on the gear where the handle goes and the other side. Also mag seal on the pinion. Also the hd version is back

Thank you. Looks really nice on paper. I was hoping for a magsealed roller bearing at the very least. I lost a little in the translation from Russian and couldn't understand the gear construction. Am I correct that it reads aluminum gearing?

Thanks again. Really looks like a winner at the mid $300 price point. Now I just need to find a reliable service solution that won't cost me an arm and a leg and will be putting one on order asap.

They didn't carry the magsealed bearings over to the Catalina line roller but that too looks like another great reel around $400. If Daiwa ever adopts Shimano like platinum service I would be all over the lineup

They didn't carry the magsealed bearings over to the Catalina line roller but that too looks like another great reel around $400. If Daiwa ever adopts Shimano like platinum service I would be all over the lineup

The new 16 Catalina, does not have magseal on the roller sorry.

===

The Catalina’s line roller system is tailor made for heavy tackle and the demands of offshore angling, with a water tight, wide open line roller made to accommodate heavy leader, while a rubber sealed ball bearing line roller ensures ultimate line roller protection and longevity. 

===

however, it does have hyper digigear

http://daiwafishing.com.au/products/16-catalina/

The new 16 Catalina, does not have magseal on the roller sorry.

===

The Catalina’s line roller system is tailor made for heavy tackle and the demands of offshore angling, with a water tight, wide open line roller made to accommodate heavy leader, while a rubber sealed ball bearing line roller ensures ultimate line roller protection and longevity.

===

however, it does have hyper digigear

http://daiwafishing.com.au/products/16-catalina/

Yeah, that's what I was stating. A sheilded bearing is not really a major issue on my end, but was curious to see what set this new redesign apart from the 15 Saltiga. With what I do, the hyper digigear is far more important and the $400ish price point makes this high on my list for a secondary/backup reel

Yeah, that's what I was stating. A sheilded bearing is not really a major issue on my end, but was curious to see what set this new redesign apart from the 15 Saltiga. With what I do, the hyper digigear is far more important and the $400ish price point makes this high on my list for a secondary/backup reel

Very good point denny, the 2016 spec looks identical to the saltiga without the bling

Edited by avet4life

Denny, then get the R version.

"R– first introduced to many on the legendary Certate, 'R’ lets you know that the reel has a supersized gearing. For example the Certate 2510R carries the gearing of the 3000 Certate, an upsizing that ensures ultimate gearing strength and makes the reel ideal for heavy duty applications."

This reel looks sweet, might have to get one.

So is there a difference between the digigear and II? I looked at the aus Daiwa website for it in English and honestly, after looking at all the other reels they had, the descriptions were so repetitive.