Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Africaster

J-Bay 2016

56 posts in this topic

The 2016 Kayak Fishing Classic at Jamaica Bay. Thurs., May 12th to Sun. May 15th 2016, Floyd Bennett Field, Bklyn. NY.

There appears to be FBook entity created for the tournament.

Posted (edited)

The 2016 Kayak Fishing Classic at Jamaica Bay. Thurs., May 12th to Sun. May 15th 2016, Floyd Bennett Field, Bklyn. NY.

There appears to be FBook entity created for the tournament.

Two weeks later this year, that means we can fish all three days for fluke. It's on Captain Jacks website

Edited by mccandrj

Two weeks later this year, that means we can fish all three days for fluke. It's on Captain Jacks website

Brad has the right dates. Are you looking at the wrong site maybe? Captain Jerry, aka captain kayak.

Brad has the right dates. Are you looking at the wrong site maybe? Captain Jerry, aka captain kayak.

Yes, they are the right dates, just stating it is being held 2 weeks later than last year. And we will have all three days for fluke rather the one day last year.

I'm getting married the following weekend and I fully expect to be running around with last minute preparations around this time so sadly I think I'm going to be sitting out of this years tournament.  

I'm getting married the following weekend and I fully expect to be running around with last minute preparations around this time so sadly I think I'm going to be sitting out of this years tournament.

Reconsider, it's the perfect antidote for the stress and madness that'll be your life for that period ;)

You might want to re-evaluate your priorities! Just saying. RJ

Yes, they are the right dates, just stating it is being held 2 weeks later than last year. And we will have all three days for fluke rather the one day last year.

It's the same date every year....always the weekend after Mothers day.

Last year was the week before memorial weekend. Now it's 2 weeks before. And there's no regs in place yet for the 2016 fluke season yet. Is there?

Last year was the week before memorial weekend. Now it's 2 weeks before. And there's no regs in place yet for the 2016 fluke season yet. Is there?

Yup, and last year you could only fish for fluke on that Sunday when the season started.

Posted (edited)

It's the same date every year....always the weekend after Mothers day.

pfd161, I was wrong, basically the same time:

2015 Kayak Fishing Classic at Jamaica Bay Tournament May 14th to May 17th 2015.

2016 Kayak Fishing Classic at Jamaica Bay Tournament May 12th to May 15th 2016.

Anybody know when NY Fluke Season starts, If it is the 15th one day for fluke like last year, if the 22th looks like it will be a striper and blue event. Will just have to wait. RJ

Edited by mccandrj

Yup, and last year you could only fish for fluke on that Sunday when the season started.

Yeah I know. I caught a 22" fluke on Saturday on an sp minnow in a foot of water. Wouldn't let me enter it. I wasn't even targeting fluke. All I had were plugs in my yak.

Posted (edited)

Looks like latest regs show may 17. Guess we will be fishing for bass, blues, and Weaks!

Regs aren't set yet for anyone on the east coast yet. That was the start date of last years season.

Edited by CJFluker

Anybody know when NY Fluke Season starts, If it is the 15th one day for fluke like last year, if the 22th looks like it will be a striper and blue event. Will just have to wait. RJ

That is still being discussed. In July they called for a reduction. I think Jersey got approved to be on their own again and not lumped with NY and CT. March the earliest anyone would know about the new regs.