The Riddler

A-10 Thunderbolt

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Thank you ISIS for keeping the Warthog alive. Looks like one of the Generals is going to make a pitch to keep the A-10 alive instead of scrapping it. And why not?  I want it to be ISIS's nightmare hearing the roar of GE's Turbofan engines follow by a burst of  cannon fire.

post-12713-0-20850100-1453420439.gif

And now we just need to get rid of the useless Trillion dollar F-35, and the corrupt politicians that have bankrolled that piece of **** just because Lockheed Martin made sure it would "create jobs", friggin' everywhere. :read:

And now we just need to get rid of the useless Trillion dollar F-35, and the corrupt politicians that have bankrolled that piece of **** just because Lockheed Martin made sure it would "create jobs", friggin' everywhere. :read:

I spent a week inside the Lockheed martin manufacturing facility....giant american flag hung by the garage bays...........Nobody spoke fuggin english inside the facility 

I can't think of any modern aircraft to replace the A-10. Titanium armor to protect the pilot from small arms fire, gas tanks that when punctured will self seal. 

The Textron Scorpion was being pitched as a replacement. Doesn't give the same fear factor like the Warthog.

Edited by The Riddler

...hearing the roar of GE's Turbofan engines follow by a burst of  cannon fire.

Well, the engines don't really roar all that much. It's more of a whine. And the cannon sounds more like a burp than a burst.  But it sure is effective as I know from watching them live-fire in person.

...... And A-10 pilots are known use the very old move of chopping throttles/ coming out of the sun. The bad guys may never see or hear them coming.

The warthog is the ****. Ground troop's best friend.

Did a mass tac jump into Fla. one time. 2500 paratroopers. Hit the ground, jumped to grab my 'chute. Heard a noise, and looked up. A10 flew by so low I could have changed the tire on the landing gear. I actually waved at the pilot, and saw him wave back. AWESOME!

Thought it was VERY stupid to do away such a versatile plane. Damn glad to SOMEBODY come to their senses. Sometimes the latest and greatest ain't necessarily the best game in town.

The idiots in charge were going to replace the A-10 with the F-16. The F-16 is a fine aircraft, and a versatile aircraft, but it isn't a flying tank. The A-10 is. As already adroitly stated, the Warthog is the ground pounders best friend. :th:

I'm beside myself with delight that the A-10 may be saved. Even the Pentagon can stumble into doing the right thing, every now and again. :clap: